JohnnyB's Story - ( 20 / Cant wait any longer)

JohnnyB

Reaction score
Hi, I am 20years old blond guy...
I dont do much about my hairloss, but recently i started to receive more comments about my thin hair at the top so i took another mirror to check out and i was pretty terrified... its really thin everywhere on the top and under light the skin is reallyy very visible.
I was always hesitating about starting taking propecia, because i am very afraid that it could change me... and 2months ago i started to date girl i like very much i would even say love and now i am even twice more afraid of starting propecia even 0,5mg, that i could have negative effect on me and relationship...

What do you think ? Am i overeacting or how should i act ? :(( I feel realy miserable atm. thx

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't advise you to start propecia without seeing pictures.

but if it is male pattern baldness and it is progressing i would suggest you give it a try. i've had no side effects at all so far. if you do experience anything, you can always stop taking the drug.

JohnnyB

Reaction score
Its definitely male pattern baldness i also visited doctor, but he just advice me to go with minoxidil but wont prescribe me propecia . . . anyway i am really afarid of shedding hair after starting propecia, i am afraid that my lose could starto to be visible and i could lose my girlfriend :(((

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sheds are GOOD man, it means the drug is working. i went through a propecia shed and a minoxidil foam shed. it all grew back. would you rather just let the balding continue to take its course? you gotta at least try the meds.

that said, if the derm won't prescribe you propecia it's probably because you don't have male pattern baldness or haven't lost much. that's why i still wanna see pics. you'd be surprised how many people think they are going bald when they ARE NOT.

Winter

Reaction score
dude get your hands om some proscar, cut it in 1/4 and just go for it! especially if your doctor diagnosed it male pattern baldness..very few who experiences side effects. I've been taking proscar for nearly 2 months and I have no sides! Even though I have very little hairloss I have the same haircolor as you, and i've already noticed an improvement in hair quality!