Jojoba oil

beastrad

Reaction score
With the recent talk of DHT working to inhibit sebum (even if in small amounts) as being a possible mechanism to prevent male pattern baldness, I'm wondering:

1) How many are using Jojoba oil?

2) What kind of added success has it brought?

3) Is it worth adding to my regime of Proscar (1mg daily), nizoral (3-4x week), and Emu Oil (once in a while)?

4) How often do you use it? do you mix it with other oils?

5) Can anyone point me to some studies, either pro or con regarding Jojoba oil?

Thanks very much for all your support on these forums

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
What good do you think jojoba oil would do you?

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is chemically very similar to our natural sebum produced in our skin. The only thing I can see it being good for is moisturizing your scalp and keeping your scalp in optimum condition for hair growth.

G

Jojoba oil was never a main ingredient in the list of oils I am using on my scalp but I added it because I thought it would do more good than harm. I am using it along with emu oil and a host of other oils every other day. I leave it in for at least 3 hours before I shampoo it off. Since I have been using the oils, hair fall when my hair is dry has reduced by over 80%. When I sleep and look at my pillow in the morning, I am lucky to even see 2 hairs.

My hair fall happens when my hair is wet but nothing can be done about that.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Goten..

What age are you and how aggressive was you hair loss before you used the oils?

Also, did you have an itchy scalp/inflammation before using these oils?

Its odd , because I don't see how Olive oil could slow my hair loss down so dramatically , but the shedding has completely stopped. Could it have done this on it's own or is it just a conincidence?

G

decro435 said:
Goten..

What age are you and how aggressive was you hair loss before you used the oils?

Also, did you have an itchy scalp/inflammation before using these oils?

Its odd , because I don't see how Olive oil could slow my hair loss down so dramatically , but the shedding has completely stopped. Could it have done this on it's own or is it just a conincidence?

Hi, I first noticed hair thinning at the vertex in November 2008. I am 22 years old, going on to 23 in mid March. As well as thinning at the vertext, I also have a small round bald patch at the top of my head towards the back on the right. I am guessing this is the early signs of male patten baldness as males from both sides of my family have baldness. You can notice my thinning easily when my hair is wet, however up to 24 hours after a hair wash, you cannot notice anything wrong with my hair.

Around the time I noticed my hair thinning, I noticed my head was very itchy too. It still itches now but no where near as much. I think the oils have helped a huge amount in stopping hair fall and perhaps over a long term use, will help towards regrowth. The oils I use are in my regimen, I am suppose to massage them into my scalp but because I still have a lot of hair, this massage turns into a rub for a minute and leave in...

Dumb question but what does inflammation mean exactly and how do I know if my scalp is inflammed?

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
G

decro435 said:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-news/article249.php

Would you be able to post some pictures of your hair loss?

I have tried before but can never get the correct light. I will try to in the next few days but I can't guarantee. I would consider my hair loss minor at the moment.

Thanks for the link!