JonJon's Story _ (20/...balding since 19 with PICS!!)

JonJon

Reaction score
Well let's see...I've been floating around this site without really posting much of anything...just seeing other people's stories. so let me post mine.

I noticed back in May of last year that my hair was getting bad...most noticeable the hair line. So, I started taking propecia...been taking it RELIGIOUSLY since then (I missed it I think once due to a stomach virus) and up until the past few months washing my hair with nizoral shampoo twice a week (ran out and haven't gotten around to heading over to the store). I tried revivogen shampoo and conditioner but the shampoo made my head so itchy and irritated that I stopped using it all together.

I am not at a stage where my balding is really noticeable or anything...just to people I point it out to (or people that actually look). I am trying to keep it that way and I am just curious as to what you guys think. I think the most noticeable part would be my bald spot on the back of my head.

0328091748.jpg

0328091749.jpg

0328091747.jpg

JonJon

Reaction score
Personally I would like my hair to be a bit thicker (you can't really notice from the pictures since they were taken on my phone) but I am thin throughout the scalp (much more noticeable when it's wet).

I did notice a slow down in the amount of hair I was losing...but I don't know. I feel like I have good and bad days. I still have another 2 months before I can make my ultimate assessment of propecia, but I think overall it's working...just not with amazing results (maintenance at most). I just don't know if I should look into other stuff or just wait it out and see if something else comes along in the form of a pill (rogaine is too much of an inconvenience....I like propecia because you just pop a pill and you're done).

Death

Reaction score
Dude, doesnt look like you have a bald spot on the back of your head....just looks like parting of hair....

as far as your temples...bad news is their pretty far back for a 20 year old....how do i know...cuz iam in the same boat

Good news is your hairline seems thick.......no miniz hairs... so hair loss may slow or halt...but i maybe wrong,,,,

good luck fella....know how it feels to be young and hiding a secret that most guys dont have to hide...

JonJon

Reaction score
Yeah my hair line was the reason why I started taking it. I can honestly say I started to actually lose my hair when I first turned 19...but I never really noticed it. I always had a widows peak so normally when I would wash my face or take a shower I never really questioned my hair line. I started to notice it though in the shower in about April...tons of hair was coming out in the shower...like a noticeable amount (I've had longer hair since i was 15-16 and hair was always coming out in the shower..it's just what it does when you have longer hair and you condition everyday). I would ask people and nobody would really any anything...they'd say I was thin all through the top but no real signs of me like balding. Then I saw a few recent pictures of myself and noticed my hair line...which freaked me out so I went to the doctor and got a propecia subscription (of course...I did a ton of research online).

since then my hairline has receded a little bit...but not really. In all honesty I'll deal with the hair line, if the rest of my hair just gets thicker then I really won't care, I mean as is nobody notices that I'm losing my hair even when we're in the pool and such.

Also, I understand my hair line sucks for a 20 year old...but at the same time it's not surprising because my dad even told me he started to notice he was losing his hair at 19...and by 24 it was very apparent (I've seen pictures lol).

Personally I don't mind the hair line, when I chop my hair off after college I think it'll look awesome when I spike it (look fierce lol).

EDIT: Actually wow, i'm looking at my left temple (middle pic) and to me it's actually looking like I thickened up a little bit at the hair line....hm, I think it might just be the few stray hairs hanging out in front of it lol.