Jrsam's Story - 20 - 2 month update w/pics

jrsam

Reaction score
At my most recent visit to the hair salon for a haircut back in October, the stylist commented that I should look into their $50 conditioner because sebum was causing my hair to thin. I called BS, but came home and was horrified to realized how thin everything was (diffusing). A month later I finally got an appointment with a dermatologist and got a prescription for Proscar. Finally, I got Nizoral and a supply of Kirkland Minoxidil.

At first, I was very depressed, like many of you, to be going bald a such a young age. In fact, a fellow classmate said to me one day, "Do you have thin hair or are you going to be bald really soon?" That was pretty upsetting.

After a while of thinking about things, I've come to terms with it. I am healthy, attending a good college, have good friends, and a good family. What more could I ask for? Besides, the things I love to do, like running, backpacking, fishing, and wrenching, sure don't require hair to do!

I'm probably less attractive with a nice thinning head of hair, it doesn't matter that much right now. I won't be getting married for a while, since I want to finish school first, and by that time, all the treatments will hopefully have done their job. :)

Hair loss is purely cosmetic, and it's effect on you is mostly based on how YOU decide to react. If you become anti-social and quit going out because you feel ashamed, then it's you're problem. Good friends won't ever bail on you because you look like you are aging faster than them.

Anyway, I just thought I share this bit of perspective that I've gained.

Here's the pic. In a few months or so, we'll see how the treatments have worked!

Starting out:
Start.jpg

Update: 2.5 months:
IMG_0702.jpg

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: jrsam's story, (20) some encouragment for you all

You have the right attitude mate....I wish you success with your treatments. :)

jrsam

Reaction score
Re: jrsam's story, (20) some encouragment for you all

Thanks! It gets me down sometimes, but it's certainly a huge relief to have started to doing something about it. I know I'm doing all I can do, and that's comforting.

jrsam

Reaction score
Re: Jrsam's Story - (20 /some encouragment for you all) 1 month

About a month into treatments. No side effects with the 1.25mg Proscar along with Nizoral.

The Kirkland minoxidil was really itchy the first few times, and now it just tingles a bit. I think I accidentally got some on my ears the other day, they got all itchy and flaky. I washed them a bit and used some lotion, and they're back to normal.

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Jrsam's Story - (20 /some encouragment for you all)

This is the right attitude in life in general. Godd to see a young person recognize this. You will also find no difficulties with the ladies either as they are more impressed/interested in a man who knows what he wants and has direction rather than a "metro sexual" type who spends more time looking at his hair instead of hers. Always complement the ladies hair!!!

Rock on brother!

jrsam

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Just updated the first post with a new picture. It appears that treatments are beginning to work!