Juanfran123's Sotry - ( some success so far. )

juanfran123

Reaction score
Hi all, im 21, so fairly young for hair loss problems, but it all started at around 19/20 when masses of hair began to fall out, im talking masses too guys.

I was so stressed and decided to get some minoxidil, this with my already itchy scalp irritated the balls off me and I lost another ton of hair, I walked outside and launched the s**t as far as I could, adios.

After this I did a bit of research, and found the Merck study, so I ordered some generic proscar and some T/Gel, hair loss began to halt almost immediately and my scalp felt fantastic, no itching and really clean, a top combo.

I have now got really thick hair, but I do have a fairly mature hairline, which looks worse as I have a fairly big fodder, however this is not noticible as I have a nice fluffy fringe :woot:

I have grown back everything I lost and more through Proscar and T/Gel, and am thankful to Merck and Neutrogena for these products.

I am now however an hair maniac, I always want my hair to look thick and full, really healthy, therefore recently I ordered some spironolactone, 25mg type, and I take one per day as I dont want titties, and thank you god, I havnt any yet. I am now experiencing some temple regrowth after around 3 months and my grease problem is subsiding.

I have also added T/Gel for greasy hair just to clear that last layer of grease, im really quite pleased with my regimen and it has worked well for my specific situation.

If you have any questions for me, please ask, I dont have no pictures as I just wasn't that hyped to take them at the shedding time.

Regards :)

juanfran123

Reaction score
Re: Hi all, some success so far.

Its also worth noting my father and grandfather went bald fairly early on so it does run in the family, and my awesome sheds were most likely going to lead me the same way.

My family have all commented and told me my hair looks great and thick, my sister cuts my hair and she cant believe the difference.

If this story is to tell anything, it is if you have only just started losing hair, get on the proven stuff and see how it goes, fincar from inhouse for £15, lasts 4 months if quartered or 2 if halfed which I do, and T/Gel for around £7, lasts ages.

:)

If you have a bit more money, go for Merck stuff and then there are no quality or handling issues.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score

you mean that you take 2,5 mg proscar daily? how much did u wait for improving months...years...? did u notice hair regrowth in front of scalp?

juanfran123

Reaction score

Yes, I am fairly liberal with the generic proscar, some weeks I take 2.5mg a day others I take 1.25mg, it has worked up to press, yes front of scalp has grown well, temples have not grown over fully but the hair at the temple is solid now.

As I say I have started oral spironolactone with some regrowth of temples, only 25mg though as I dont want the feminisation, so far so good, 3 months in, much more potent than finasteride as it reduces testosterone production and attaches to androgen receptors blocking the DHT.

This may not work for everyone without sides!!

I must say a positive attitude and getting on with life helps, just do what you have to hairwise and get on with enjoying life.

Exercise may also help as I go running and lift free weights, dont eat that healthy but try to get a good amount of protein.

Regards

juanfran123

Reaction score

Sorry didn't answer the question, I saw a stoppage of loss almost immediately, say around 2-4 weeks, regrowth has taken longer, especially the thick hairs, say 8-10 months, so do stick with finasteride, good stuff for the hair, also t/gel is top notch.

Too early to comment on spironolactone, 3 months and green shoots at the temples.

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score

Going on 3.5 months for me. I'd kill for regrowth now. Hopefully I get there too, man.

juanfran123

Reaction score

oarf11 said:
Going on 3.5 months for me. I'd kill for regrowth now. Hopefully I get there too, man.

Hi oarf11, what have you been using??