Just bought a huge jug of apple cider vinegar.

youngbaldie

Established Member
Reaction score
I heard it helps with scalp itch. Do I drink a cup of it or use it topically? How much should I use each day?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
youngbaldie said:
I heard it helps with scalp itch. Do I drink a cup of it or use it topically? How much should I use each day?

Did you get the organic variety, with "Mother". I hope so. The organic is the stuff you want. Otherwise, the pasteurization process kills all the little good stuff in the ACV.

Some guys make a water/ACV mixture in a spray bottle, and spritz it on their heads and leave that on all day.

Some guys pour it straight on their heads while in the shower, then rinse it out. Some guys find that too strong, so they cut it w/ water, and then apply it to their scalps.

I personally pour some into an old 8 oz shampoo bottle, add 2 tablespoons of cayenne, and soak my head in that mixture for a few minutes before shampooing.

Then there's the ACV cocktail - adding 1 - 2 tablespoons to iced green tea or water w/ honey. The taste gets some getting used to. If you take it orally, brush your teeth immediately afterwards - or you'll risk getting cavities (the stuff eats right through your enamel).

Do a google on "Apple Cider Vinegar Recipes".

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
youngbaldie said:
Thanks for the advice. Man I am glad I know about the teeth thing, that was a close call.

Yeah - I don't know if it was a cooincidence or what - but after about a year of 2 daily cocktails, I got a cavity - and I haven't had a cavity in like forever :)

ShedMaster

Reaction score
youngbaldie said:

It has been advisable to take it daily for general health reasons. But for scalp inflamation/dandruff then rinse your scalp with it for 5 min or so in the shower ever other day or so. I don't know if you would want to rinse and leave it on for the rest of the day as the smell would be someone disgusting :)

poochy

Reaction score
I heard the same thing about eating away at your enamal of your teeth be very careful. Works great for me as far as dry scalp goes.