Just bought some Tricomin spray and 1 gram of ahk-cu

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
I am trying to build myself a decently effective (hopefully) replacement growth stimulant for minoxidil. I was going to use the Tricomin as a base and I was going to dump the whole gram of ahk-cu in the bottle. I also have a one ounce bottle of Skin Biology's (Dr. Loren Pickart) Super CP serum that has the same copper peptides as Folligen. Would it be a good idea to add some of the Super CP serum to the tricomin along with the gram of ahk-cu? Any tips and/or comments on what I am trying to do. I am just going to apply this stuff on the thinning part of my frontal hairline in hopes to at least maintain what I have.

rafa24

Reaction score
I would just add the AHK, not the Pickart stuff to Tricomin. Let us know how it goes.

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
so ya I just got the powder and I dumped it in. It made the tricomin much more of a darker blue. It is obvious to me that tricomin probably doesn't have a lot of copper peptides to begin with. I will probably buy a bottle of folligen in the future instead of dumping the serum inside.

j87x

Reaction score
Folligen is copper chloride, I'm not convinced it does anything. AHK-Gu is a totally different animal than minoxidil, and should be treated differently IMO. It is supposed to help remodel the scalp and increase fat layers, so one should stick with it for a long time.

Minoxidil is a potassium channel opener. Theoretically the same can be achieved by taking potassium + magnesium internally (bioavialable forms), and/or topical potassium chloride, magnesium chloride, l-carnitine, niacin (maybe).