just got some revivogen

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
is this stuff supposed to be orange? it really shows on the scalp, until you rub it in. the bottles are so small too...is there really 60 applications in there? (60ml at 1ml per app..) i really hope this works. i have pretty good results with propecia but would like to discontinue due to side effects.

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have pretty good results with propecia but would like to discontinue due to side effects.

Bad move. I would decrease the dose of Finasteride by half and see if the side effects go away. If that doesnt work take the 1mg (assuming you're on Propecia) and cut into 1/4ths.

.2mg is almost as effective as 1mg, should have lower side effects, save you money, and allow you to afford the Revivogen :)

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jimmystanley,

I would highly recommend you try to stay on Finasteride indefinitely. Try decreasing the dose as far down as .2mg and see if the side effects go away...

Propecia is what? $55 USD for a bottle of the brandname 100% legit stuff? Cut the pills into 1/4ths and you would be getting .25mg of Finasteride a day which is almost as effective as 1mg but with a greater chance of no side effects!

Anyhow, you would be spending $13.75 a month on Finasteride, cut the revivogen dose to just 1ml in the morning so it lasts you 6months instead of 3 and then add Nizoral 2% every 3rd day.

You would have a awesome routine that has an excellent chance of success and would cost you less then what a person who just buys 30mg of Propecia a months would spend (hell, I spend $20 on my Proscar a month).

Think about it :)

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with socks here. Start cutting up those pills immediately and give it 3 months. If your sides don't go away then you can quit.

But if they do you will spare yourself a shed. Also try to get the sides out of your mind... I know no one wants to hear it but chances are your mind is at least making them worse. Believe that they will go away. They will.

Molecule Helpo

viperfish

Reaction score
Get yourself on revivogen and then slowly ween yourself off propecia if you want. Also you will only be able to apply the revivogen at night as it is greasy and leaves your hair looking like sh*t basically.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
very cool guys...thanks. ya, revivogen really stains the scalp though... like an orange colour...unfortunately i buzz my hair pretty short... it will be black again in a couple of days so u won't see it. all i want it to stop shedding and get a little thickening. i'm not on the norwood so it isn't noticlble when i buzz it short. keeping fingers crossed.

viperfish

Reaction score
The staining of the scalp thing is made out to be a bigger deal than it really is. It has not stained my scalp at all or my hair for that matter and I have really blonde hair.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Surprisingly you will use that tiny little miniscule bottle for a long long time and wonder why it never runs out. Assuming you dont use more than 1ml each time. I only use 0.5ml because all you need is a very thin layer of the liquid spread all around the skin, and even then Ive noticed that it tends to soak to a larger area like a sponge would. Many times Ive applied it only down to the hairline in front and an hour or so later seen the "shiny-ness" extending a quarter inch below the hairline. You don't need a lot at all.

Please remember to refrigerate your Revivogen as it helps stabilize the ingredients and will make your "batch" last longer. This is a trick they taught me awhile back.

Lastly as for the stain, its only orange when its in a droplet form. As soon as you smear it with yoru fingertips, there is no detectable color at all, unless you're using way too much. If you are, its more likely that your hair will show the color tint. Not the skin as much.

Be careful taking off and putting on white t shirts after applying the stuff. I have ruined many-a white collar with it :)

HairLossTalk.com

viperfish

Reaction score
Why do you ask if I work for Revivogen??? Is it because I'm trying to help somebody out with their hairloss???? The fact is that Revivogen is the best thing going besides propecia and minoxidil, which should be your first choices. However, for people who cannot tolerate finasteride or choose not to use minoxidil then there is revivogen. I'm trying to save people from going out and wasting money on junk........ plain and simple. Believe me I've wasted alot of money on stuff that was full of promises, but never did anything for me. Revivogen does work, but like anything else, including propecia and minoxidil, it does not work for everyone.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I did too. They said refrigeration, while not necessary, will help stabilize the ingredients for longer storage.

HairLossTalk.com

doggfather

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com do you revivogen only 3-5 times/week now since I believe you have been using revivogen for at least 16-18 months now right?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
No, I use it every day. I never understood the logic of being able to "taper off" on a hair loss treatment. Doesn't make sense to me. Constant, regular inhibition of DHT is the goal from the start, so why would you not need to do it forever?

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
By the way socks - good advice on page 1 of this thread. Thank you.

HairLossTalk.com

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: storage

Scott_A said:
I thought it was to be stored at room temp?

Despite what the company may or may not recommend, I suggest that you keep it in the fridge, ESPECIALLY any extra bottles that you keep around for a long time unused. Those fatty acids in the product (ALA, LA, GLA, etc.) are highly susceptible to oxidation, and if they do become oxidized, it will ruin their ability to inhibit 5a-reductase. Yes, Revivogen contains antioxidants like BHT, but they will only slow down the oxidation, not stop it completely.

Bryan

doggfather

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com,
Then why does Revivogen say after 16-18 months of continuous use you can start using it for only 3-5 times/week and still maintain the results that you achieved up to that point?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe for marketing purposes?

HairLossTalk.com