Just out of curiosity

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
RE: HM and hair stem cell possible future treatments.
Replicel is about our best chance at this point, and they will not have ANYTHING available until AT LEAST 2015.

A cure will most likely come much sooner than you think and not from a big pharma or an investor backed startup.

There are hundreds of universities across the world researching stem cells organ regeneration and other similar things. This is a fairly new are of study and progress is very rampant, you just have to read about it in medical journals and not on Google Finance.

They're probably not looking for a cure for baldness directly, but the cure will come as a bi-product of research about organ regeneration, cell regeneration and other related studies.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Naltima said:
dudemon said:
RE: HM and hair stem cell possible future treatments.
Replicel is about our best chance at this point, and they will not have ANYTHING available until AT LEAST 2015.

A cure will most likely come much sooner than you think and not from a big pharma or an investor backed startup.

There are hundreds of universities across the world researching stem cells organ regeneration and other similar things. This is a fairly new are of study and progress is very rampant, you just have to read about it in medical journals and not on Google Finance.

They're probably not looking for a cure for baldness directly, but the cure will come as a bi-product of research about organ regeneration, cell regeneration and other related studies.

You may be right about how it will come about but I'd still say 2015 is ridiculously optimistic, they'll be concentrating on using any breakthrough on healing people first then after that it'll be getting rid of wrinkles before hairloss. Also bearing in mind there has to be years of testing before its released on the public and even then at the beginning it will only be available by a select few at a ridiculous cost, I'd say we're looking at at least another 12 - 20 yrs.

But regarding hair transplant's yes of course a NW6 is going to striggle to get a great result but many have enjoyed massive improvements. Look at JOetronic with less than 8000 grafts he went from bald to a good looking head of hair especially guys over 30 who can get (for their age) a totally normal looking head of hair.

Ozai

Reaction score
chrisis said:
I wouldn't have thought there'd be enough donor for a NW6. Best you could hope for is the new generation of cell based therapies to either multiply any donor you do have, or stimulate dormant follicles to grow somehow.

well said Chris, one should never give up hop though

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
Well about the question of the thread, the answer is: it depends. If you are a “clear headâ€￾ Norwood 6 for many years (that means that most of your hair follicles in the recipient area are dead) then the hair thransplant surgery cannot do much for you. However if you have some hairs (even weak) in your recipient area, then, the hair transplant can really help you in order to camouflage the bald area. Furthermore, If you look at my pictures in the forum (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=71604) you will see that I was a NW6 case (but with plenty of weak hairs scattered in the bald area) having planted around 5500 grafts and using mainly topical DHT blockers minoxidil and fungoral, I become the person you can see in the last picture. My result: 70% hair transplant 30% DHT blockers. So, once again, the answer to your question is: it depends.