Just over a month on dutasteride

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, just over a month in on Dutas.

No sides which is good.

Hair still getting worse though and I feel even quicker than when I was on my small finasteride dose.

Difference is that it feels thinner and drier all over so maybe this is more of a shed than just the continued receding/thinning hairline..did I say hairline..ha..what hairline..that went 6 months ago when I started finasteride.

Many of you shed experts get the same all over density loss and then it come back?

My worry is that is accelerated loss that's not coming back like it been continuing all along but I really hope that's not the case this time and dutasteride is working as I have no other options left bar wait for HM after this..

antonio666

Reaction score
this could be good that your hair has gone thinner about 1 month after starting avodart ,think skyline he lost a bit of density and recovered very well,good luck with dutas,hope it works for you

T

Timi

antonio666

Your Hair better with dutasteride?

or shedding goes on?

my Hair is very thin
my Fronthairs only a few hair :-x

15month and not better :!:

the longest shedding from the world

Timi

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Nick4441,
hang in there man. Just stick to dutasteride, unless you get side effects. You'll see good results in a few months. Take it from me :)

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, i'm really hanging my hopes on this, the lack of sides this time compared to finasteride gives me a much better feeling this is going to do much better.

Hopeman

Reaction score
since dutasteride is not FDA approved, where is a good and reliable place to order it? (I'm assuming the internet is the only resort, since I for one do not have a physician willing to prescribe off-label)

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Hopeman said:
since dutasteride is not FDA approved, where is a good and reliable place to order it? (I'm assuming the internet is the only resort, since I for one do not have a physician willing to prescribe off-label)

medicalwellnesscenter.com

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Solution I have found is to avoid all mirrors, I have no idea whether my hair looks good or bad and I had it cut today, said it looked good but didn't really look closely , not at the front anyway which is where its gone thin and receding. It actually feels good at the back and on top and if anything is growing that is recovering then it would be very short so covered up by longer hair.... Keeping the faith still and trying to ignore hair for a few weeks at least to let dutasteride do its thing if its going to..

antonio666

Reaction score
a couple of months ago i went 3 weeks without looking at myself in the mirror,it was just to painful to see it going but the down shot of that is you cannot avoid looking at yourself forever and it hits you harder in the long run,however you may be suprised and think it does not look that bad after a while because your mind tells you it will look worse than it is.

hope this makes sense

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just remember to always have your before pictures to compare to. The first shed is scary tho if you get it because you might look worse then where you started. I know I did but i was at the point where i really had nothing to lose because i was going downhill fast anyway. In about 2 years i went from a nw2-3 to a 5

When i had my recent shed i thought the worst at first but then i looked at what i had when i started and i was like....

"Damn even through this it still looks better"

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
I now stopped looking into mirrors as much as possible too. Though when its time to apply the topicals I still need to face the situation.

But yah, avoidance imo is the best policy.

jackstraw419

Reaction score
thats wut i have been trying to advocate all along. dutasteride is not a FDA approved drug and not legitimately used for treating hairloss. the fact is that only a few members in this forum have claimed success. what so funny is that after jayman posted his successful story here, everyone got their hopes high, and start to ask all kinds of questions. lol

yea.. propecia seems to be working fine by drastically reducing my hairloss but rite now i really want regrowth. if that aint happening in about 6 months, then im going for FUT. with about 1500 grafts, i can restore my diffused hair and temple area back to Norwood none. god bless my infinite supply of donor hair.

beaner

Reaction score
jackstraw419 said:
. dutasteride is not a FDA approved drug and not legitimately used for treating hairloss....

Do you mean that dutasteride is just not FDA approved for hairloss, because it most certainly is an FDA approved drug?

jackstraw419

Reaction score
i think youre rite.

they should start updating the "Proven Treatments for Men's Hair Loss" section cuz its still saying "Dutasteride is the newest treatment on the market that may soon be approved by the FDA for treatment of hair loss." lol