Just Plain Depressed And Scared

nocturnaldrug

Reaction score
Okay. I know what I am stating / asking has already been addressed in bits and pieces on this forum, but I feel I need a more personal approach for my answer.

I am in my early twenties. Since I was a young kid, I've always had a naturally semi-high widow's peak, though in no way extreme. Anyways, I have noticed that my hairline around my temples is receding. Upon inspecting the top of my head, I noticed some slight thinning as well. At first, about three months ago, I figured this may all be due to my regular use of a blowdryer, and the fact that it has a pretty high heat, so I started using the cool setting. The thing is, I have no idea or clue how long it would take, since using the cooler setting, to see a difference (if at all) in my hair - months? years?

The issue is not incredibly major as of yet, and I do realize that I am most likely, naturally, losing my hair. I'm not really vein or anything, just very insecure, and can't picture myself bald, let alone with noticable spots.

Regardless, I would like to jump on this now, rather than later. I have narrowed down my options, somewhat, to the following:

Rogaine (Extra Strength) - I don't mind the application time, but what about when I sleep over someone's house? I don't want to miss a treatment. I like that I can buy it over the counter.

Propecia (Or A Variant)- I am nervous about seeing a doctor, slightly concerned about side-effects, but very relieved that I can take a daily treatment in pill form. It's discrete and easy.

I'm not really ready, hair loss wise, nor budget wise, to invest in both. I figured I would try one or the other, and then add if necessary.

What's your opinion on my best option? Can I find a quality variant of Propecia (finasteride) that does not require a prescription and can simply be ordered online?

Thank you so much for your time and concern. Thank you.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Your best bet in my opinion is to go with propecia/proscar. This can be bought off the internet without a prescription, plenty of sites, but shop around. Also add Nizoral shampoo 2/3 time a week and condition afterwards... Thats my thoughts anyway... A nice easy regimen and you can always add Rogain later if you feel you need it. :mrgreen:

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you shouldn't be nervous about going to see a doctor, they are there to help and plus you can be sure that it is male pattern baldness that is causing your loss. secondly, don't be nervous about the side effects, they are totally reversible with either continued use of the drug (they often go away on their own) and totally reversible if you simply get off the drug. I wouldn't start rogaine just yet. stick with propecia, and pop the pill in the morn and don't think about hair loss for the rest of the day! cheers.

nocturnaldrug

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help, guys. It is very much appreciated. I saw a relatively new treatment (I know you all have heard of it already), called Revivogen (SP?). I don't know, it APPEARS pretty damn cool. One application per day, no prescription necessary, and it is simply a topical blocker.

Based on some more thought, and your comments, I've decided to go with a DHT inhibitor - either a form of propecia or even revivogen if I get some positive news on it.

Thanks again, dearly.

hairface

Reaction score
if you need online site where you can buy generic propecia at a good price just let me know..I know some reliable ones..

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
hi Im in pretty much exactly the same situation as you and have faced the same dilemmas in decided what treatment options to go for..in the end I have opted for a DHT blocker in the form of Revivogen and growth stimulation through copper peptides (American Crew Revistalizer). Whilst I cant tell you whether these have worked for me (as I just started using them a week ago) I will update on my experiences with revivogen - so far so good in terms of not being to much hassle in applying the stuff at night etc - but as for results time will tell. I am also using green tea and saw palmetto as a supplementary DHT blockers.