Just Started Finasteride And Minoxidil (hims)

scmSUP92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 26. My hair loss is not that bad. Most people would not look at me and think "balding".

However, I first noticed a few imperfections in my hairline that have gotten worse over the past few years. Slow but steady recession, overall thinning, and more recently increased thinning at the crown. It's probably been moving at a deliberate pace since about 21 (at least that is when I first noticed). Pictures from today are attached.

I started to take the plunge because it's pretty clear that maintaining is fairly attainable, whereas regrowth seems much more improbable. When I was 23, 24 I thought maybe this is just the "mature hairline" developing or whatever. However, now I feel like it has progressed past that point and doesn't show signs of stopping.

With that said, if I can keep my the hair I have now I would be totally content. Even if I can just slow the process down and buy myself an extra decade with hair, I'd consider that a positive result.

On the optimistic side, I would be really pleased if I can improve my overall density all over and regain some ground at the temples.

So we will see! I welcome feedback as I am pretty new to all of this.

Attachments

• IMG_7568.jpeg
    IMG_7568.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_7569.jpeg
    IMG_7569.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,223
  • IMG_7570.jpeg
    IMG_7570.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_7573.jpeg
    IMG_7573.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_7580.jpeg
    IMG_7580.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 414

Thomas Aquarius

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are the same age I was when I first began to notice the dreaded decline in hair quality. I understand you have noticed this for a few years already, but still. Like you, I immediately took action as losing my hair at that time seemed like the worst thing that could possibly happen to me. I started finasteride and minoxidil 5% (eventually went to 15%). There were always a couple of solid hairloss veterans on HairLossTalk.com that typically gave great advice back then. I actually decided to begin posting again and serve that same function if possible, in hopes of helping others like yourself.

I think it is a great idea to take action. I would, however, provide a bit of caution with finasteride. In hindsight, it would be my last option, and not even sure I would use it then. You may have no side effects at all from its use, but it did quite a number on me when I was on it. I made the mistake of remaining on it for 2 years before finally dropping it. I would suggest you drop it IMMEDIATELY if you have any side effects.

Let me know if you have any questions. Glad to answer any and provide any information I can regarding treatment options.

jazz1

Reaction score
Add Ketaconazole shampoo Nizoral and Regenepure DR.