Just started on finasteride - how long can I wait before adding Min?

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
If I'm sucessfully maintaining the hair I have at the moment by a year or two from now with Finasteride; will the regrowth potential of Minoxidil be reduced by then, or will it stay the same as it is now since the DHT should have been blocked?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe the evidence shows that minoxidil and finasteride used at the same time increases the effectiveness of both.

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
The reason for me asking is because that's not an option at the moment, since I can't afford them both right now as I'm a student. I even had to sell some stuff to buy my first package of Propecia. :shock:

I'll try to get a job this summer, so I might be able to spend some money on using both together later on.

And as I said earlier - I'd be happy with just maintaining; but I still don't want to ruin any possible regrowth.

I have one bottle of 5% Minoxidil now, but if I used it for a month and then couldn't buy another one, I'd probably have three sheds around the corner (finasteride-intro, min-intro, min-outro). :freaked:

Cassin

Reaction score
Kirkland Minoxidil costs about $90 a year . Maybe it's cheaper somewhere? Anyone?

http://www.onlyhairloss.com/men/minoxid ... rce=google

Could you afford propecia for about $250 a year? If so look up "Proscar" and you can cut each pill into 5ths. Someone else can you please provide the guy with a link? (I buy mine from my pharmacy)

If you can get about $350 together your good for a year.

Do what you can now bro, but make it so you are consistant with something. It is no good if you are start, stop over and over again.

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
If I get a job this summer, I'll probably have at least three times that; but before that it's not very likely that I'd be able to get $350.

I'll keep using Propecia as long as the side effects doesn't kill me (or, well - important parts of me :shock:) though.

If I got Proscar prescribed, I'd get that for a maximum of $180/year through something called "high cost protection" (which of course does not apply for Rogaine and Propecia).

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
I believe the evidence shows that minoxidil and finasteride used at the same time increases the effectiveness of both.

I have also herd that.