Just Started Propecia

Leirro30

Reaction score
Minoxidil was working well for me but I did get sides from it, extreme dizziness, gastointestinal distress, heart palps, you name it. I was using minoxidil 5% 2x/day along with topical 5% spironolactone and Nizoral 1% or 2%, whichever I had at the time.

I stopped the minoxidil completely about a month ago. I just started taking 0.5 mg of Finpecia a day. Felt a little funny in the prostate the first couple of days, probably because my body was adjusting and I took the full 1 mg pill. But since then, about a week and a half ago, everything feels fine. No sexual sides to speak of. I realzie it's early, VERY early, but so far so good. I was scared of finasteride because of the sexual sides, but am glad I finally took the plunge and have at least given it a try.

I have some fluridil on order which should be here any day now. I'll use that as my minoxidil replacement for growth stimulation along with the finasteride, spironolactone cream, and Nizoral shampoo.

And so far, no real shed from stopping minoxidil. I'm about a Norwood 2. I'll keep everyone posted.

misterium

Reaction score
Leirro30 said:
Felt a little funny in the prostate

What does that feel like?

Where is the prostate anyway? I don't know anatomy that well.

I hope I never have to feel anything going on inside of it though.. sounds messy.