just started rogaine......

joerogaine

Reaction score
I have a slight recession in the temples and maybe a dime sized bald spot on my crown. Will rogaine 5% foam help maintain what I have now and maybe thicken the corners? I am also going to order nizoral shampoo. I also don't want to lose more hair in my temples from shedding, anyway to avoid that? And finasteride is not an option. Help me out.

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
personally, having used rogaine for my recession has halted loss at best... been using rogaine and nizoral for the last 5 years and it's slowed down the recession. if i could do it over again i would have started with spironolactone cream as well. I just ordered some to try as I read good things about it... but yea.. I would get a topical anti androgen, and minoxidil... see how well that works.. if you don't see results in approx 6 months, i would get on finasteride.. I am gonna give it about 6 months before I decide whether I go on finasteride or not.

joerogaine

Reaction score
I quit after applying it 5 times in 3 days.. Since I've gone off it my hairline has been pushed back considerably and my hair everywhere else continues to fall out. How much longer will this last, and will they grow back. Also DONT USE ROGAINE!!!

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why'd you quit after only 5 applications? I guarantee you that using it for 3 days wouldn't have an effect on your hair one way or another.