just upped my dose of finasteride.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
adter 18 months, i decided to up my dose of finasteride. from 1.25 a day, to 2.5 mg a day. i take one 1.25mg dose in the morning, and one at night. however, on the second day, i day have one bad side effect. you know how when you get kicked in the balls you can feel it in your stomach? well, if i even as so much get an erection, i start getting these pains in my stomach like i have to take a dump. this happened when i first when on finasteride., but it wasn't as severe. hopefully it'll go away.

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're going over the limit and testing the side effects by choice. From what i've read you should stick to the daily limit (1mg) and focus on adding some other treatments.

:freaked:

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
i've added other stuff (spironolactone, xandrox 15%, emu oil) and i still keep losing it. i've heard of other people having success when upping their intake, and i want to try this before i try dutasteride.

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
What about nizoral and minoxidil?

Also are you eating healthy? Smoker or non?

G

Ams99 - dude it´s NOT worth it!

83% maintain on finasteride, 17% don´t! If you are one of those 17 then you could up it to the sky and it wouldn´t help - but you could damage yourself otherwise.

Shave it off! get a tan and laugh at the rest of us struggling.

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
I made that assumtion a month back and then I read in the trials that upping the mg has very little improvement on hair .Your wasting your time and money dude . Just add other products .

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
i have been on minoxidil for the full 18 months as well. i should clarify, finasteride. has slowed down my hair loss, but my hair loss does continue. anyway, the people in the trial were taking higher doses only one time a day. however, since finasteride. only is effective for 6-8 hours, wouldn't it stand that it would be more beneficial if taken in split doses? i'm going to try for 6 months and see if there are any results. if not, i'll drop down to 1 dose a day again.

foo2

Reaction score
Ams99 said:
however, since finasteride. only is effective for 6-8 hours, .

i've been informed by a few medically trained people that finasteride has a rather long halflife in the body, so significant concentrations are found over 24 hours after taking a tablet....one of the reasons that missing one day doesn't mean you loose all your hair :)

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
finasteride stays in the system longer than 6 hours....It has a half life of 6 hours.