Justcuriou- (23/Unsure if I'm at the beginning of hairloss )

justcurious9

Reaction score
Hello all, a little history behind I post some pictures. I'm 23 years old, and for years I've thought that I've been balding (as far back as when I was 16 it's the first time I became self aware). Obviously, I was wrong then and I've gone 7 years thinking that "this time I'm balding" to "I was wrong" back and forth for all this time. My father is bald, he's a NW5 I believe and I think he went bald at around the same age. I think (and I'm hoping) that I got the hair of my grandpa from my mom's side from the pictures I have seen and the similarities to the hairlines. My mom's side is pretty much hairproof for the first 50 years or so, so that side is pretty safe. So anyway, a couple of weeks ago I thought my hair was in it's best it's been since I can remember (hairlinewise), but I've been recieving some comments about my hair overall so here are some pictures (they're all taken under strong bright light and some while the hair was wet):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30801538@N02/

Tell me what you think. Most of the pics are me with wet hair, some of them is when I have shampoo on my hair so I can style it back and you can see correctly where my hairline begins. Thank you.

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Unsure if I'm at the beginning of hairloss or not.

I don't think you're showing any signs yet

justcurious9

Reaction score

Well, you're gonna have to excuse me, but I need a solid opinion, a yes or a no. I've fumbled around with a solid decision myself, I need sincerity from an outside source.

I think my hair is pretty thick, you can tell when it's wet and under bright light, and my hairline hasn't creeped back. About the cowlick, that's a different story (although I believe it's been like that for over a year at least, probably more).

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score

Looks perfectly fine to me

Sorue

Reaction score

definitely NOT bro. we're all on this board to help each other, why the heck would we say things just to make someone feel better.

that is some awesome lush and thick straight hair btw, even as a kid i never had that density :(

justcurious9

Reaction score

I wouldn't be here if I wasn't a little worried, but as I've said, I've been worried for years, and that hasn't been healthy I believe.
But thanks for your honest replies.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score

Hmm I am not sure mate I have the same hair as you do however your hairline is much better. My crown looks exactly like that and I dont mean to scare you but my derm said that its thinning and prescribed propecia for me 3 days ago...........

Watch it start using nizoral see how you go

Petchsky

Reaction score

Looks fine to me, to early to tell. Keep your eye on it in the future and take pictures now and assess in future, then you will know for sure and won't have to ask people for their opinions, because you know what? People's opinions normally suck balls.