Kaminomoto hair growth tonic-anyone try this?

tbone28

Reaction score
I've only heard about Kaminomoto hair growth tonic recently. Is it effective? Is it more/less effective then rogaine/dutasteride?

thanks,

Ryan

notlikethis

Reaction score
useing it right now

currently reaching three weeks

in my opinion it works well I am seeing regrowth on my temples but they are only small baby hairs but I am seeing regrowth with only two and a half weeks on the product

I am also experencing shedding which I hear is a good thing

I am also on the Kaminomoto shampoo and conditioner

Senrir

Reaction score
Using it right now too - and if what it states is true - I would much rather prefer it than Rogaine - as Rogaine is temporary ... once you stop the grown hair falls off

Anyways - experiencing atm - shredding, and there are little/ tiny hairs suddenly popping out of my once bare temples.

chain

Reaction score
Senrir said:
Using it right now too - and if what it states is true - I would much rather prefer it than Rogaine - as Rogaine is temporary ... once you stop the grown hair falls off

Anyways - experiencing atm - shredding, and there are little/ tiny hairs suddenly popping out of my once bare temples.

Where did you buy it from?

Senrir

Reaction score
Got my 1st 2 bottles from my mom.

Planning to buy the next ones from ebay - as theres no shops that sells it in here. (Norway)

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
which version are you guys using? there seem to be alot of different versions. Care to post some link to the one you are using?

notlikethis

Reaction score
Private Ryan said:
which version are you guys using? there seem to be alot of different versions. Care to post some link to the one you are using?

im using Kaminomoto Hair Tonic Gold

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
I hate the smell of spam!!!

Here is what Dr Rassman had to say to someone who asked him about it on The Balding Blog...."I hadn’t heard of this tonic in some time (the name sounds like something I saw for sale decades ago), but I did some quick research and found the ingredients are listed as, “alcohol denat, water, rosemary extract, capsicum frutescens, glycerine, menthol, sophora radix (kujin extract), allantoin, panthenol, pyridoxine HCl, isodonis japonicus (enmeiso extract), glycyrrhetinic acid (kanzo extract), hinokitiol (hinoki extract), neo-takanal, fragrancesâ€.

So in other words, it contains nothing that will help with treating your hair loss. Is it the right product for you? Well, if you’re using it to regrow your hair or halt your hair loss, then no, I think it is not the right product. If you’re using it to line the pockets of the vendors and makers of this tonic, then yes, you’re on the right track.

I’ve written many, many times about potential side effects from finasteride. You shouldn’t be taking 5mg for hair loss anyway — the 1mg will do just fine. You do run a greater risk of side effects with the higher 5mg dosage anyway. My advice is to see a physician rather than treating yourself with hocus pocus tonics that will likely not help."

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
well, it cost about 12-13USD per 150ml bottle at my part of the world. not that expensive to try. a lot of people reported better hair condition from using it here.

even if it does not grow hair, it still a pretty cheap hair conditional.

IBM

Reaction score
They make a lot of advertisement in Portugal. The website though is very poor.