Kanga -([04/04/09] Big 3 + Scalp exercises - Wish me luck!)

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey kiddies, so I've decided to solidify my regimen to reflect that of some of the more successful posters here (SE Freak)

I've been thinning since I was 18 or 19 (I just turned 22)... and my hair turned for the worse recently... I've had alot of stress from family deaths, business stresses, etc. It'll get better though! :)

Daily regimen:
- 1ml Liquid Kirkland 5% Minoxidil (twice daily, morning, night) on my temples, sideburn "triangles" and crown. Started: April 3rd, 2009
- Approx 0.625mg Finasteride (5mg / 8 = 0.625mg) every morning. Started: April 3rd, 2009
- 5-10 mins of Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises mid-day

Also, Green Tea capsules once in the morning.

Bi-daily:
- Nizoral 2% before first minoxidil application Started: December, 2008

TIMELINE:
April 3rd, 2009 (0 month):
[attachment=0:3bqrlxni]Photo 9.jpg[/attachment:3bqrlxni]

Attachments

• Photo 9.jpg
    Photo 9.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 215

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: [04/04/09] Big 3 + Scalp exercises - Wish me luck!

Quick question... should I be gently rubbing in minoxidil in my scalp? You know, to even it out?

Also, since starting minoxidil, it's been crazy itchy, and my crowns been a bit sore... normal?

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

liquid minoxidil can be a little bit itchy but i think it subsides after a while of continuous use

your crown being a little sore concerns me however

im no expert but i dont think the minoxidil should make your scalp sore in any way

maybe your scalp is sensitive the the ppg or the alcohol

have you tried the foam variety?

you may have less irritation with the foam

good luck with your treatments

amsch

Reaction score

I bet, if you keep that regimen for 3 months, you'll see results. :)

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the soreness went away... could be because I was drinking a bit to much the previous night, I was aching all over :puke: :woot:

I haven't been feeling "as" itchy as I was this morning or yesterday, which I hope continues!

Thanks for the encouragement thus far guys!! I really hope to see an improvement in 3 months... that'd be rocking!

So, I'm rubbing minoxidil into the scalp right? Just wanted to clarify that... it seems that 1ml isn't enough for crown, temples and sideburns... but I'm sure "a little goes a long way" applies here?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think that 1ml is for the crown only. If you want to cover the front and
temples I'd used more, I do. I've used 4 ot 5ml at times. When my hair
was shorter I used a finger to spread it around, with longer hair it works
better for me hold the dropper at a right angle to the scalp and move
it around.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sheeeet man, you seem to be in a very good position for regrowth. Your hair loss seems to be centralised in the typical crown area. Be disciplined with your regimen and you should do good.

I can't believe you only lost that amount since your hair loss started!
Toppik would be great for you BTW.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this morning treatment of Minoxidil I decided to add a little bit extra to the applicator to compensate for hairline/sideburn "triangles" (Wtf is the correct term for those?!)

I wouldn't touch Toppik... honestly, its not my forte. If I can't recover hair, I'll be shaving... whilst I've never shaved, I'm not too sure if my head shape will suit or not.

Here's a front pic of my head... you'll see the receding hairline.

[attachment=0:3jck8wu0]Photo-8.jpg[/attachment:3jck8wu0]
[attachment=1:3jck8wu0]Photo-6.jpg[/attachment:3jck8wu0]

This is styled, but as you can see, there's quite a bit of recession in the temples, and above the sideburns. Whether I can regain this stuff back is uncertain but there's not harm in trying! Would love to grow out my hair, but with the consistency of my hairline, its looking gloom.

Thanks for the encouragement guys! It really means alot!

Attachments

• Photo-6.jpg
    Photo-6.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 192
  • Photo-8.jpg
    Photo-8.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,543

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
i personally use 2 ml at night with the liquid minoxidil

crown and temple and temple points

i find 1 ml just doesn't cut it

good luck with your treatments

you are on the right step

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling kind of awkward in social situations after applying liquid minoxidil... would it be wise to try the foam during the day, and liquid before bedtime?

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
hummmm well its hard to say

i think im improving .....im seeing alot of short hair (some dark and some light) on my total hairline

i started finasteride mid december and minoxidil mid january i think i added spironolactone febuary

what can i say about this crazy regiment

i think its working, no sides soo far and im still very early in my treatment

im giving it a year before i evaluate, but im optimistic about my results

i use toppik of my back and i have less crown loss than you

i guess im just insecure about it

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
After 9 months of non-finasteride and minoxidil use (slacking), I'm starting Rogaine Foam this week (mornings) and liquid (night), along with Nizoral (EOD) and ~0.6 mg of Finasteride. I'm hoping for the best, but planning for the worst!

My goal is to grow out my hair... right now I'm doing the Chuck Liddell mohawk... it doesn't look bad, but my crown is really thin.

I really hated using liquid minoxidil... it turned me off completely. But, hopefully the foam will revamp my hopes!