KDK87's Story

KDK87

Reaction score
Well...I remember when I first noticed my hair was starting to thin, this was about 6 years ago back in highschool :sobbing: I think I was a sophomore at the time and one day I noticed that at the very top of my head there was a distinct thinning spot. For a while I went the denial route and tried to pretend that it was not balding, but deep down inside I pretty much knew what was happening. Well, through the years it has gotten thinner and thinner, however I was blessed with VERY thick hair so thus far nobodies the wiser. But trust me, florescent lighting is no longer my friend! hahahah. Whats worse is that since I was 15 I have been gradually getting grey hairs. At this rate I will be a bald, and grey 30 year old who looks like he's 60. Sucks right? The one thing that I am grateful for, and that other premature balders can probably relate to is that at least I was able to get through highschool without anybody knowing about my condition.

I am a diffuse thinner, which has probably allowed me to disguise my hairloss slightly easier (but not much.) I have been on and off propecia since I was about 18, however I have resolutely decided that I no longer want to tangle with propecia because I have read some horror stories about it. I am currently using minoxidil, however I have yet to see much improvement from that. All in all, my hairloss has been proceeding at a pretty consistent rate, although the funny thing is that I always underestimate how long I'll be able to have decent coverage and look as if I am not balding. I remember in highschool thinking i would be completely bald by the time I was 21. Luckily I was FAR off base from that assumption. So far pretty much my only way of coping with my thinning hair has been creative hairstyles, and use of gel. However I find that the thinner my hair gets, the fewer and fewer options I have available :hmmm:

I apologize if my story is a little long winded, its just that I have never talked with anyone about my hair problem before. I have not told even my closest friends about my hair dilemma, although I suppose its a matter of time before they find out, unless...I can change it all around :woot:

dooby

Reaction score
Hey KD. Well done on waking up to the dangers of Propecia. Best thing you could have done. People here are going to try to convince you to go back on it, citing that it's the only method of combating hair loss. Don't listen to them. It's not worth it. Messing around with your hormones is no joke.

Have you ever used or considered using concealers? If I were you I'd do that. It's amazing the results you can achieve just by spending a few minutes every morning in the bathroom, apply it.

I'm a diffuse thinner too and I use DERMMATCH. I couldn't go without it. There's plenty of other brands too, but I've found Dermmatch suits me best.

Also, you might want to consider using something instead of gel. See if you can get hold of some "Hair Putty". It won't weigh your hair down and will make it look fuller.

KDK87

Reaction score
-dooby

Oh yeah, I mistakenly said I used gel, what I meant to say was that i use hair putty? I think thats what its called. This is what I use http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/142047/100.jpg What I like about this stuff is that you avoid the wet look that you get with gel. Thus concealing thinning hair hahaha. I might look into dermatch.

As for propecia...yeah I agree, I would hate to have a full mane of hair, but no "oomph" to go with it. Really...doesnt that defeat the purpose?

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
KDK87 said:
I mean i'd say a good percentage of balding men only care about their hair to the extent that it will affect their luck with women, the great irony of it is that the one thing that can save our hair is also the one thing that can render us completely useless to the opposite sex. I believe that there is definitely a different way, other than propecia.

I agree with that philosophy 100%. While there is nothing id like more than to reverse my hairloss and have a full head of hair again, I wouldnt sacrifice my johnson for it. For people like us who are anti-propecia, we still have a whole arsenal of products to choose from....and while they may not permanently hault our problem, something tells me within 10 years we will have a brand new treatment that will ultimately solve our hair problems.
But as you pretty much said before, us guys want a full head of hair to improve our sex life...using propecia pretty much defeats that purpose.

KDK87

Reaction score
Yeah, there are a lot of different treatments out there. I think that in a way, all of us have been brainwashed to think that the only viable treatments are approved by mainstream science/big corporations, so much to the point that most of us don't even have any faith to find our own remedies anymore. I'm not saying that such a remedy exists, but I feel that there is a good chance that one, or many remedies do exist.