Keep hair, stop minoxidil, once propecia is started?

ryan81ia

Reaction score
I have a question for you guys. This is my first post, i'm 22, at the very beginning stages of hair thinning. To prevent hair loss (which runs in my family) i have begun propecia treatment. I have slight thinning of the hair at the temples. I was wondering, if i used minoxidil to regrow some of the hair ( i know that its difficult there), can i stop using minoxidil once the desired effect is achieved since i'm using propecia, and prevent the hair from falling out.

Thanks for any info

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
I recommend you use finasteride (propecia) alone. Any hair growth caused by the minoxidil will be lost within months of stopping the minoxidil. You have no need to commit to a lifetime of 2X/day of minoxidil so don't.

Petchsky

Reaction score
aslof speaks the truth!

minoxidil is good for most at the temples if it has only recently been lost, but you would be best of using proscar (propecia) which will maintain what you have and maybe some regrowth...popping a pill everyday is alot easier than applying 2ml of liquid to your scalp everyday, trust me, i have been doing it for 2 years now