Keep Minoxing or Not??

Scuffernoose

Reaction score
when i was on propecia alone for 9 months i was still thinning, but i decided i wanted to try for some regrowth or stabilization from where i was. so i decided to try minoxidil all over (on month 3 now). from baseline, i quickly lost alot of density, and receeding sped up. i see no encouragement in shaft thickness of existing hair as most is still thinner at the root. my forehead is fuzzier unfortunately under light.

since 2x minoxidil is the worst part of my day, and i hate having to do this forever if there is no good results, i wish i could quit, but i am afraid of another shed. i also hate thinking that what i see may be minoxidil dependant and thinking that i might be retaining somewhere on my own. im afraid good hair may become minoxidil dependant and shed if i quit. if the retaining and regrowth ability of minoxidil has been no different than that of propecia alone, i dont want to continue it. what is the probability of another shed that will leave my hair worse if i quit minoxidil at this point?? what do you all think i should do?? stay on it because it might get better, or quit because it may not be doing anything and take my chances on propecia alone?? i figured i would see some encouragement at the 3 month mark, but now im afraid to continue longer and have good hair strung out on minoxidil and end up losing it sooner than later.

rather be comfortable and lose than uncomfortable and make things ultimately worse.

???