Kefir and Apple Cider Vinegar combo

Hoppi

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone else felt like giving these two a go in combination for male pattern baldness, particularly if they have any form of IBS. Kefir and ACV are INCREDIBLY strong in combination for enhancing the digestive tract and encouraging it to rebuild.

They repopulate the gut, kill candida, will encourage it to heal, cleanse the liver, stimulate bile release.. hell they'll even help kill parasites I believe. They're just gold, and using the two TOGETHER will result in better results that using only one or the other IMO.

But yeah, just my 2 cents :)

Stuff like Oxy-powder will also help of course as it will clear out a lot of bad stuff from the system, and a good diet and lots of water is VERY good.

However, I think a regimen built around these two holds promise, and I'd love to hear how other people get on.

Also, on an unscientific, observational note, I don't think I've seen a single bald or significantly balding kefir maker in all the youtube videos I've seen lol, I mean it would make a kind of sense as by ensuring a good flora balance, MOST other things seem to take care of themselves. ACV will take care of the liver and enzymes and that though.

So.. yeah! If anyone feels like making kefir an addition to ACV for trying to combat hair loss naturally, would be cool to have some more people doing this!

Hoppi!

EDIT -- Oh, additionally, this is something of a continuation of my previous threads regarding malic acid (which is significantly present in apple cider vinegar) and choline, plus things like parasite and candida-related threads. I am constantly trying to tie everything together in as simple a regimen as I possibly can, for accuracy and ease. These two seem to be the quickest and easiest way to hit most things in one go... so yeah :) I hope some people join me in this!

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
file.php

(credit idontwantobebalding)

Hoppi

Reaction score
To be honest, I can't imagine this thread getting that many replies, mainly because the main "alternative" thread is the normal ACV one, and this is one step more specific and so fewer people will be interested...

Hell, I bet the vast majority of people aren't actually sure what kefir is! hehe :)

Maybe I should link to a couple of informative videos. Kefir is basically... well, it's probably the strongest probiotic you can get. And it's very cheap - you can make it yourself and it's good fun and easy (I make it).

Here are some videos:

[youtube:azb3w5or]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MELveoRjK8M[/youtube:azb3w5or]

(someone commented on youtube and said his kefir looks "odd" lol, which is true, because he let the curds and whey separate a LOT. Personally I've never let it happen to that extent yet! I'm not sure if it's good or bad tbh...)

[youtube:azb3w5or]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-vqxotKcH0[/youtube:azb3w5or]

[youtube:azb3w5or]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frYBbLc2PNU[/youtube:azb3w5or]

See what I mean about people who drink it all having hair? lol I know 2 out of the 3 here are young though!

Basically though, by combining it with ACV you just should get very good digestive healing, given a bit of time for the gut to recover. I believe this is THE cause of male pattern baldness in a very, very large number of people (poor digestive health).

Peace!

Hoppi :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
armandein said:
Also exist, I like more than the milk type, the water kefir
http://nourishedkitchen.com/water-kefir/

yeah I'm with you there :)

I like water kefir too, and actually would like to switch over at some point.

The only reason I choose to use milk kefir, is because I currently think (as confirmed in a fair few places) that dairy somehow shields the probiotics, protecting them from your stomach acid (hence why probiotics are always in dairy in the shops, or at least one of the reasons). It may be the fat, I'm not sure (if so, coconut milk may also be effective and can be used with water kefir).

I'm sure watery probiotics are effective too, but I do wonder how their potency compares to the ones that may be "shielded" by dairy. Hence why for now I'm trying to get this one, as it's the one most supported as a very strong probiotic :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
I've also just realized while watching the third vid just how THIN my kefir always is lol, I never leave it for anywhere near long enough I guess!

I'm a newbie though, and I'm still learning :)

The main problem I have is being confident that I have enough to populate two jars and eventually 3, so that I can be in the same position as the guy in the third vid.

They are big jars, but I suppose that just means for more fermenting at once, and stronger kefir!

I do feel an effect from the weak kefir I have I suppose, but I really can't WAIT to see how I react to the stronger stuff!

It is good to build up slowly though, as it's a big thing for your gut and as far as I can tell in ANYONE there are a lot of bad bugs and quite possibly candida overgrowth in a very significant number of us, and so of course you get symptoms of die-off (which is a brilliant sign as it means the bad bugs are dying!).

Anyway, that's that :)

Jacob

Reaction score
I could be wrong..but CocoBiotic is probably a good substitute for "kefir and apple cider vinegar combo". https://shop.bodyecology.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BE301

As I mentioned before..coconut milk kefir is my fav. I just get the stuff from the health food store...ready to drink. The CocoBiotic isn't too bad tasting..when added to water or whatever. I'm a huge fan of fermented products like that..but some are hard to stomach. Swanson's has a new one in capsule form..looks great for the gut and overall health: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/heal...lement-macrobiotic-supplement-with-pre-b.html

Hoppi

Reaction score
Jacob said:
I could be wrong..but CocoBiotic is probably a good substitute for "kefir and apple cider vinegar combo". https://shop.bodyecology.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BE301

As I mentioned before..coconut milk kefir is my fav. I just get the stuff from the health food store...ready to drink. The CocoBiotic isn't too bad tasting..when added to water or whatever. I'm a huge fan of fermented products like that..but some are hard to stomach. Swanson's has a new one in capsule form..looks great for the gut and overall health: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/heal...lement-macrobiotic-supplement-with-pre-b.html

Yeah I'm very interested in coconut milk kefir as an alternative to dairy, but I didn't want to use it until I was confident about the protective abilities of the coconut milk and the bacterial strains in water kefir vs dairy.

Also I use ACV mainly for the malic acid and that... are there really other things that can match the effects of ACV (other than possibly supplementing with it's active components)?

I'll check out that Swanson supplement when I'm back on a pc :) I love this combo though as it's so cheap, makes me feel really good when I take them and kefir is easy and enjoyable to make too :)

I'll also be copying Rogazzle's minoxidil and mico based treatment at least for my hairline and getting stuck into finding a way of making CB-03-01 with someone from the chemistry department as soon as my assignments and stuff are all in tomorrow :) I'm a busy Hoppi! ^_^

Jacob

Reaction score
Hoppi..the "protective abilities" of coconut milk kefir..or even water..are fine. I've become a huge fan of coconut milk kefir..even after trying out many different probiotic products. And it's not because this way tastes good..although it isn't bad. I probably never would have tried it had there not been these ready-to-drink products out there.

There are also "human strain" probiotics btw..one which I still take as well. Even a make-your-own yogurt product: http://www.progurt.com/

• 1 trillion CFU capability
• Multiple strains
• Human strains
• Colonising strains
• Broad spectrum
• Stomach acid resistant
• Bile resistant
• Ultra rapid response
• Lactose free
• 12 month shelf life

As for other products matching the effects of ACV..guess it depends upon what you mean. So many products claim to do wonders for ppl..and you have ppl talking about 'em. I guess if I were to take it I'd do so via gelcaps....and Swanson's black vinegar if there were a BOGO :woot: Otherwise the coconut vinegar interests me more than ACV.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Hm.. I still think probiotics need good stomach acid defense! Are you sure water is sufficient?

Also... yay here is my kefir! Also pictured is my organic ACV and Calendula! Love my regimen! hehe ^_^

Hope it all works on my tummy!

EPwmI.jpg

EDIT -- Whoa I just drank a reasonable size glass of the 2 day old! It's SO SO SO SO SO strong!! lol I feel basically like I did when I first drank the 1 day old stuff!

Your stomach gradually gets used to it thought as all the bad stuff dies and everything, so you can take stronger kefir and stuff without problems!

All this is going to result in digestive perfection I just know it!

Jacob

Reaction score
I didn't mean the water was sufficient. I just meant whether it's coconut milk or coconut water..or plenty of the decent probiotics in capsule and powder form...they'll work just fine. But again..if you're that worried..look into those using human strains. Or use both, as I do.

http://www.forresthealth.com/hlc-probiotics-pharmax/

http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/Probiotics-Prebiotics-by-Pharmax_c_34.html

With over 90% survival in the full stomach (when taken right after a meal) and over 50% survival in the harshest environment of the empty stomach, the HLC organisms proved particularly robust and well adapted to the human stomach. This was in contrast to other probiotic organisms, which showed great sensitivity to gastric conditions and poor adaptation to the human host.This study also demonstrated that probiotics should be taken in association with a meal to ensure maximum survival.

The pH of the empty stomach is between 1.5 and 1.9 whereas, due to the buffering capacity of food, the pH is raised to between 3.8 and 4.3 in the full stomach. The aggressive nature of the stomach acts as an excellent barrier to invasion by potentially pathogenic microbes. So, for probiotics to be effective, they must survive in high numbers under the same environmental stresses as would severely inhibit or eradicate other bacteria. The HLC organisms were compared with other probiotic strains for their ability to survive passage.
Clinical Research Trials on HLC Probiotics

Pharmax HLC (Human Lactic Commensals) Probiotics have been proven in both human clinical trials and by practitioner usage for over 10 years in Europe and are the leading probiotic due to their unique human strains which adhere exceptionally well to the human cells through the intestines, vaginal cells, and urinary tract.
HLC_Mindlinx_Probiotic_Intestinal_Effects_Autism_ADHD
HLC_Probiotic_helps_IBS_patients_on_antibiotics+progress_charts
HLC_Probiotics_for_C_difficile_diarrhoea
HLC_Probiotics_prevent_antibiotic_disruption_of_flora_Double_blind_study+Microbial_data
Clinical trial: a multistrain probiotic preparation significantly reduces symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome in a double-blind placebo-controlled study

HLC - Proven in clinical trials
Probiotics from the HLC range are continuously tested and shown to be effective in independent, placebo controlled, clinical trials. All such studies get published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. Results from recent clinical studies are outlined below.

Candida albicans
HLC - Proven to attach to human epithelial cells and disrupt Candida albicans
In the small intestine (duodenum, jejunum, ileum) the transit time is rapid relative to the "doubling time" of normal flora bacteria so, if they are unable to attach or otherwise become associated with the epithelial surface, they will be washed through. Lactobacilli, particularly Lactobacillus acidophilus are the most important colonizing organism of the small intestine and it is therefore critical that any Lactobacillus strains used as probiotics are capable of human epithelial cell attachment.
Trial 1: Staphylococci, Enterobacteriaceae and Enterococci

Undertaken at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, U.K.
Aim: Reduction in post-antibiotic re-growth of potentially pathogenic facultative microorganisms
Results: HLC Intensive significantly prevented post antibiotic increase in Staphylococci, Enterobacteriaceae and Enterococci. These microorganisms are associated with post-antibiotic infection and overgrowth as well as the acquisition and transfer of antibiotic resistance.
Trial 2: Clostridium difficile in hospitalized patients

Undertaken at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, U.K.
Aim: Prevention of post-antibiotic overgrowth of Clostridium difficile in hospitalized patients
Results: HLC Intensive lowered frequency of Clostridium difficile infection and overgrowth to the extent that justified its use in all hospitalized patients undertaking antibiotic therapy.

With further clinical trials already in progress, it is clear that the HLC range of probiotics from Pharmax is leading the way in innovative, clinical probiotic research and will pave the way for recognition of the benefits of probiotics in many new aspects of human health and disease.

Some more on that Progurt: http://www.orgoneenergy.org/progurt

Hoppi

Reaction score
Oh I see well I guess I am fairly sold then on when it's best to drink kefir anyway - with food! I've been drinking it on an empty stomach, so I'll stop doing that! I'll have it with oats and things too so that I get more fibre (I've had low fibre in my diet accidentally recently so that's bad >.<)

I think we're different though in that I tend to go for quite basic, single things like my kefir, ACV and calendula, as opposed to larger combos and company-made supplements. I don't know why really! Cost and ease of getting things I guess, plus I do quite like the simplicity of a nice, basic, DIY regimen that I cut down to only the essentials!

Kefir resumes flora balance
ACV cleanses the liver and generally tones digestive health
Calendula is a gut wall healer and systemic antifungal

So between the three I think you get a very potent, refined regimen. ACV is I believe also antiparasitic, and I would imagine the other two are to some extent too.

To be honest I think all 3 are simply miraculous in their own ways :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
[youtube:1r7fs98l]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjdFEYV_PIk[/youtube:1r7fs98l]

There's the little bugger!

There are other things that make leaky gut more likely (like stress) but candida is IMO our #1 concern causing health issues as we age. Absolute, flat-out, #1.

In my opinion anyway!

Gotta kill the darn thing!!