Kentucky'S Story (20yrs old, 20yrs of Universalis)

Kentucky

Reaction score
Ok so I'm 20 years old now, and has had alopecia universalis for my entire life. My parents tell me that i began losing my hair at around 2 months old and by the time i was one, complete hair loss. growing up has been hard but living in a small town has really helped. everyone seems to know who i am and except the fact that i'm just hairless. I was bullied alot when i was little but by the time i was like 6 i had already made plenty of friends. I grown to just except it and understand that i am who i am and i can't change it. Its weird, but the days of being in school was actually the easiest for me. Now that i am out of high school and working all the time its had an extremly large affect on me, I guess bc i'm jus use to the ppl that i know and love jus looking over it and not staring and asking questions. having to meet new people is extremly difficult knowing the fact that i have maybe 5 eye brows, and a couple eye lashes. its really been changing the way i act on a day to day life. the fact is, i'm worrying so much about it now its made me someone that i'm not. Instead of a boy who got voted class clown and most athletic in high school, I'm now the quite boy that never sais a word because i'm so frustrated with the people i work with saying hurtfull things. its like i'm starting my life all over only its harder now than when i was a kid.

But thats my story, i know there plenty of more people on this site that understands what i'm goin through and i would really appreciate some advise.

thanx.

barcafan

Reaction score
Re: A Kentucky story (20yrs old, 20yrs of Universalis)

I've always wondered, universalis is lack of hair PERIOD? Like absolutely no body hair at all?

Also, what causes it?