Kickboxer Story - (24)

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Kickboxer story

Welcome to the board.
I'm new here, too.
From what I've heard so far, there are three products that most people here are using. Minoxidil 5%, finasteride (as either propecia or proscar), and nizoral shampoo.
I'm already using minoxidil and nizoral and will try to get on finasteride when I next see my doctor. If your current level of hair loss is really bothersome, you might want to consider a concealer like Toppik or Nanogen. I've got Toppik right now and it made my bald spot (which is much larger than yours) disappear.
Good luck.

Kickboxa

Reaction score
Hi and thank you for the info about Toppik and Nanogen.
So i guess ill have to use the minoxidil after all. Do you think that the corvinex minoxidil is a good one or i would have to order the rogaine like every1 else ?

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
I just get the generic minoxidil from Walmart.
It's about twenty five dollars for a three month supply.
I don't know why it would make any difference what brand you use, but there are others here who would be better qualified to answer that than I am. One thing I've already noticed after being on minoxidil for about seven weeks is that my hair isn't falling out like it had been.
And yeah, definitely consider Toppike or Nanogen.

Kickboxa

Reaction score
Thanks again for the info mate and ill have to say daaamn about the price for the minoxidil, that's VERY cheap. The reason I've told my cousin to get me the Corvinex minoxidil was that it have Azelaic acid and Emu oil in it, or maybe its a marketing trick for pepl to buy their product. I'm a bit scared to put the minoxidil again on my head i know the hair will start to fall again like crazy. If i run my fingers throw the hair now i can see only 1-3, but when i applied the minoxidil i have more then 20 hairs in my palm.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil can cause some shedding initially, but that's just making room for the new and stronger hairs. I wouldn't sweat it if I were you because it probably won't last very long. If it's too bothersome, you really should consider a concealer like Toppik or Nanogen. I recently started using Toppik and it really does work as long as you don't get carried away and are careful when applying it to the hairline. I had a big hole in my crown and very thin hair from there to my forehead, but the Toppik conceals it completely with just a few shakes. I couldn't believe the difference. Some people here say nanogen is a little better, so you might ask around before deciding which one to get. No bigger than your bald spot is, one of those products would almost certainly make you a happy guy.
And yeah, the equate brand of minoxidil sold at walmart is about the best deal you'll find, at least that I know of.
Don't just take my word for it, though. I'm a newb here just like you. There are plenty of people here with helpful advice.

Kickboxa

Reaction score
I was reading more posts in this forum about the minoxidil and i sow some pepl actually have had more shedding then me, more then 100 hairs each time daaamn. Well u r starting to convince me to apply the minoxidil again lol, but i sow that ill have to combine it with finasteride. and Nozoral or even more products damn. Now im even more confused.
Thanks for the tips again mate.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't be confused.
Just apply the minoxidil twice daily, shampoo with the nizoral two or three times a week, and take your finasteride every day. That's what I plan on doing. I'm already using the minoxidil and nizoral. The finasteride will soon follow. One thing in your favor is your youth. I wish I'd jumped on this problem when I was just starting to get thin on top.

Kickboxa

Reaction score
OK !
I'm on that too hell ill give a try if it falls completely fuk it!
Can you tell me from where did you get the finasteride coz i dont wanna see a Doctor for that and beg him, no way im gonna beg any1 for that !
Ow and should i wait for the Nizoral and finasteride to arrive or should i apply the minoxidil only for now?

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Start the minoxidil now.
I can't think of any reason to delay using it until you have the other stuff.
Nizoral 1% can be found at any walmart or drug store.
You could go out and get that stuff tomorrow.
And yes, there are places you can get finasteride without a prescription. If you get generic proscar, you should break each tablet into five segments. That's what people here seem to be doing, anyway.
These are a couple of links somebody here gave me to places you can order finasteride without a prescription.
http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/
or http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/.
Myself, I'm going to hit my doctor up first since I already have an appointment with her in a few weeks.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you get tested for performance enhancers(AAS, pro hormones) in your kick boxing league but, because using propecia is against some sporting league regulations.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
thats a very good point

kixboxar
if you regularly get tested for steroids

by taking finasteride you could show up positive for them

i would look into it

i would want to jeopardize my career

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
You never should have stopped with the minoxidil, cuz first your head gets rid of the weak hairs, and then It grows back stronger/fuller, with a bit of luck you even get some nice regrowth.

So get back on minoxidil, that version you used sounded great, so maybe its a good choice to hop back onto that one.

Good luck!

P.S.

I had great results with min, thought I'd let you know :punk:

Kickboxa

Reaction score
Thank you very much guys for the support and for the info about Propecia, however I'm off the kickboxing 6 months so far coz i couldnt find any good sponsors, and i said to my self fuk 'em all I'm not gonna beg any1 no more !!

I will start with the minoxidil again and ill try go get Proscar and Nizoral too
Ill update the thread with more pictures. I would like to ask for some links from where i can order without prescription Proscar and Nizoral 2% coz on google i found a lot of websites but they dont look like they are reliable companies.
Thanks again guys :)