Kiglore Trout's Story - (Age 24, posting from work!)

Kilgore Trout

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just found the forum today and thought I'd share my story/ask for some advice from you good folk. I haven't got any pictures right now because I'm sat in work and people would give me funny looks if I suddenly started parting my hair and messing around with my camera phone, but if anyone's interested I'll try and get some up soon.

I'm a 24 year old man, roughly about a 3 on the Norwood scale. I've still got my hair quite long (out of stubborness mainly), and I still seem to get away with it pretty well - no-one I've asked so far has said I'm going noticeably bald, anyway. I first noticed my hairline was receding about two years ago, but didn't take the plunge and go for treatment until earlier this year. I've been taking Propecia since May.

So far, I'm quite torn on how things are going. My hairline hasn't got obviously worse, although I have lost quite a few thinner, less pigmented hairs at the very front of my hairline. Doesn't look like they're coming back - ah well, sod 'em. There's still quite a bit of loss when I wash my hair, and if I check my pillow in the morning - sometimes I have to pick them out of my mouth when I wake up, which is never nice! On the upside, I used to lose hair every time I touched my hair, but that doesn't seem to happen any more.

The thing I'm wondering about right now is the kinds of hairs I'm losing now. They tend to be longer, thinner ones - I take it this is a good sign? I don't seem to lose many smaller or thicker hairs, so it seems that my healthy hair hasn't gotten any worse, and I'm keeping the hairs (if any) that have grown back after shedding. Am I right in thinking this is a good thing?

Also, I seem to have good weeks and bad weeks. I'll have a few days when I hardly lose any hair at all, whether in the shower or anywhere else, and all's well with the world. Then I'll have periods when I lose quite heavily (I wouldn't say it's as bad as some of the sheds people have complained about, but the difference is noticeable), and I have to tell myself that at least I won't have to be so paranoid on windy days.

Ta for reading anyway.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Now It Can Be Told - Kiglore Trout's story

Propecia seems to maintain your existing hair, add minoxidil if you want some regrowth. GL man!

ponchotamal

Reaction score

Is it at work the only place that you can take pictures?? what about home?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

i would never try to take pics at work lol

Kilgore Trout

Reaction score
Well I'm back... no pictures yet but I'll try to get some soon.

I'm starting to think about Minoxodil a lot more. It seems that a lot of people have had some real regrowth success with it and that appeals to me - getting down to a NW1 or even NW2 would be great for me. I'm a bit nervous about some of the side effects people have mentioned though - I can live with sheds if need be but I don't like the idea of water retention. Does anyone know a good (and cheap) place to get Propecia and Regaine in the UK?

Thanks again.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
ebay seems to be offering the cheapest price on minoxidil