Kiver1's Story - (w/pic!)

kiver1

Reaction score
I never thought as going bald until the last two years as I remarried and had two children. Maybe the sleepless nights have accelerated things...dont know. Any way I am turning 36 next month and realized that if I dont do something quick ...I will look like my grand dad. The thing is if I look at myself in the mirror I dont see a balding person it is when I look from on top with a mirror. Well I finaly got the courage to call a dermatoligist and I have an appointment in September...Feels like a long ways away. I just dont want to go bald... Would appreciate any advise and words to which stage I am in. Again thank you
http://server4.pictiger.com/img/1175961 ... -treat.php

kiver1

Reaction score
That is my plan in meeting with the Derm. For some reason panic has set in. I seem to be losing hair more and more by the day....also I live in the US. Is it legal to purchase generic propecia from Canada? Even with a script

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Welcome and best ofluck to you, I am also 36 and have been on minoxidil for 2 years and propecia for 7 month's. It has really helped

RaginDemon

Reaction score
if you are sure your hair loss is caused by male pattern baldness, then Propecia and minoxidil will most likely help you maintain what you have and give you some regrowth.

kiver1

Reaction score
I am greatfull for all the response. Makes me feel better that 36 is not to late. And to you guys in GB....what happened to all the great metAL ICONS?? Priest, Maiden, etc.......with loads of great long hair.....Ragin' demon.....I think it is male pattern baldness...only my moms family all went bald in their 20's me and my brother still have some coverage...but fading...GOD I DONT WANT TO GO BALD...Dads family still has full set of hair

RaginDemon

Reaction score
It is much easier to maintain what you have than actually regrowing hair.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
kiver1 said:
I am greatfull for all the response. Makes me feel better that 36 is not to late. And to you guys in GB....what happened to all the great metAL ICONS?? Priest, Maiden, etc.......with loads of great long hair.....Ragin' demon.....I think it is male pattern baldness...only my moms family all went bald in their 20's me and my brother still have some coverage...but fading...GOD I DONT WANT TO GO BALD...Dads family still has full set of hair

I would look elsewhere. You'll usually follow similar patterns, so you may want to see if someone else in either side of the family started balding in their mid 30s. You'll most likely not follow your mom's family male pattern baldness.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think stress can increase hair loss, no idea why.

Over the last 6 months I have regrown hair and I just turned 40. Zathras has posted some good pics, and he's like 45. So there is hope. Just jump on the big3 and be consistent.

Londo

Established Member
Reaction score
Come on, there has to be someone older than me here :)

kiver1, why do you want Canadian generic Propecia? Price? I'm now getting generic Proscar for $60 and splitting it into quarters so that lasts me four months. Depending on your insurance you may be able to get it cheaper. Propecia and Proscar are the same drug, Finasteride, just different dosages (1mg for Propecia and 5mg for Proscar).

Don't split the pills if your wife is pregnant though as the drug can cause deformities in male babies. You can't give blood for the same reason.

Do you have any pics yet? Pics will help us give advice. Be sure to take before pics. You will want them to properly gauge results in a few months.

LOL. I haven't seen "prayer" in anyone else's regimen yet :)

Best wishes!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
klink said:
I think stress can increase hair loss, no idea why.

Over the last 6 months I have regrown hair and I just turned 40. Zathras has posted some good pics, and he's like 45. So there is hope. Just jump on the big3 and be consistent.

All I can say is stress definitely plays a big roll in my hair loss.

When I feel less stressed, working out reguarly, my hair becomes healthier. I know it's not my imagination cuz it would be much easier for me to style my hair, and my hair just looks healthy.

kiver1

Reaction score
Thanx everyone. I plan on getting finasteride but have to wait until my appt. other then that, can anyone recomend a shampoo to compliment nizoral?? I plan on using nizoral 3x a week. My hair is oily and before I statrted nizoral I had a lot of dandruff and itching

RaginDemon

Reaction score
retropunk said:
kiver1 said:

I would look elsewhere. You'll usually follow similar patterns, so you may want to see if someone else in either side of the family started balding in their mid 30s. You'll most likely not follow your mom's family male pattern baldness.

I think its completely random.

My friend's dad is completely bald yet he has nice thick hair at 30

kiver1

Reaction score
Re: Kiver1's story W/pic

Update:

I'm back

After first joining this forum I began a regimen of propecia, minoxidil and nizoral. Unfortunately financial issues had me stop this regimen all but the nizoral. I maintained for about a year after stopping but lately I noticed a lot of fall out. This is probably because everyone has been letting me know my hair is falling out. Well I am back and starting my regimen again and hopefully thing are not too late..Just saying Hi again....sorry my absence has not been a success story untold