Kjetils' Story - ( 21 /Advice needed)

kjetils

Reaction score
Hey

I first noticed my hairline receding when I was about 17 years old. Now, at 21 years I think Im somewhere between NW1 and NW2? Going to start finasteride(proscar) in a couple of days.

-Should I take 1.25mg of this each day or are there any better ways of taking/splitting the pill? Side effects 1mg vs 1.25mg?
-I hope I will be able to regrow and thicken the hairline a little, so should I also add minoxidil to my regimen - or wait a couple of months and see how I respond to finasteride?
-Nizoral 1 or 2%?
-Which shampoo on off-nizoral days?
-Anything else to add to regimen? Supplements?

Thanks guys. :)

Here are baseline pics. Will update in a month or so.

JohnDoe1989

Reaction score
Re: kjetils' story. Advice needed (21)

If i't's only your hairline and u have thick hair and no itching in rest of that area u should just try minoxidil and if u want a DHT blocker - S5 Topical Cream. Don't mess your hormonal balance for just that. it doesn't worth it. I went for MIN in hairline and did great. I added finasteride becouse of vertex and itching. Especially itching.

As for shampoo go get a natural one for your type of hair. I guess u have a normal to dry type. Don't use nizoral 2% more than 2-3 times a week for long time - it can couse inflamation.

You can try vitamin D3 (2000ui) and Zinc(50mg)/day. Don't mix Vitamin D3 with calcium in long run.