Kleber's Story - (21 y/o )

kleber

Reaction score
Well , i started noticing some loss in the temple area, and the hair overall seems thinner...

I'm I suffering from early male pattern baldness or is it just the mature hairline forming?

Attachments

• IMG_025dsadasdas5[1].JPG
    IMG_025dsadasdas5[1].JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_025dsd1[1].JPG
    IMG_025dsd1[1].JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 173

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Re: kleber (21 y/o )

Looks to me like a mature hairline. I'd keep an eye on it for any thinning...if it seems to at all I'd get in finasteride and you prolly won't lose anything else.

sergiotahini

Established Member
Reaction score

Does the top feel thinner than the sides and back? Do hairs at the corners of your hairline seem thinner and weaker than other hairs on your head? Have you noticed an increase in hair loss lately? Do you have an inflamed and itchy scalp? If so, it may be male pattern baldness. From the photos you posted I don't think anyone can say for sure whether it's male pattern baldness or just a mature hairline. Perhaps you could see a doctor and have your scalp mapped for miniaturization: http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/08/31/m ... s-the-eye/

infamous

Reaction score

I haven't seen any thinning on your temples, looks like the mature hairline. If you feel nervous, you should see a doctor.

tooyoungforthiscrap

Established Member
Reaction score

Probably just mature hairline, most everyone gets one eventually. I wouldn't worry about it for now, take some comparison pics every few months and see if it gets any worse.

kleber

Reaction score

Well , thanks everyone for your time and help .
The reason I was so worried in the first place was the fact that most of my grandparents have male pattern baldness , but didn't suffer from it until they were well in their 50s. My dad and my uncles started showing some thinning approaching to their late 50s but nothing drastic.

Ultimately I don't really mind being bald too much, i can always get a buzz cut, but If i am able to slow it down i'd feel guilty not going down that road at the early stage.

I'll get an appointment with a dermatologist if the situation gets progressively worse.

kleber

Reaction score

img0563edit.jpg

img05261edit.jpg

img05681edit.jpg

I'll squeeze in a 2 months update. From where I'm standing it seems i haven't receeded at all in these 2 months, but i want an opinion of other people, I don't think i have a problem with male pattern baldness as of yet, but I know it runs in my family, as you can see from my earlier post, so you can never be too careful, especially when there's products that can halt the loss pretty effectively.

Another thing, as I've been reading some of the other posts, I've seen people get hostile over this kind of threads, so please , I'm not here to taunt you or something , just want an opinion from people who are actually going through hair loss.

kleber

Reaction score
1 Year update , no treatment ....

I tried to reproduce the angles and add some more... Think those are good reference pics , and i think i haven't lost much if anything in a year, so that's probably a good sign...

I sometimes find a lot of hairs in the sink after the shower ,and got about 50ish shed hairs on average per day tho, it's scary at times.

img0190r.jpg

img0215rm.jpg

img0232r.jpg

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score
no sign of male pattern baldness what so ever,
looks good mate, no need to worry.....