klj

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have been using revivogen for about 4 months now and am giving it the thumbs up. however, my scalp has a hard time handling it so i have dropped how much i use significantly and probably will eventually have to fully stop soon.

hexedd

Reaction score
Me too

My scalp has had a hard time with it too so I've reduced my applications to like once every 3 days or so. It makes me scalp sore and itchy. Other than that though it's a good product I think. Only been 4 months though so I need more time to judge it.

pilogenic101

Reaction score
If you get scalp irritation with topical Revivogen, that may mean that you need to try a good therapeutic shampoo to control the scalp 'critters', i.e. balance the scalp flora and fauna. I use the Revivogen shampoo to which I add a little tea tree oil. A scalp massage may also help to improve scalp health.

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral and original Dove moisturizing conditioner did the trick for me in terms of irriation. I highly recommend both if you are planning to get on revivogen.

majorthinning

Reaction score
I used revivogen for 4 months now and my hair is still thinning and falling out. Planning to up it a notch by adding 1.25mg of proscar when it comes in. I might switch to tricomin after im out of revivogen

viceroy

Reaction score
'I'm thinking of switching to revivogen from finasteride if the side effects persist.'

Make that spironolactone + Revivogen for your best shot at 'duplicating' finasteride.

'It makes me scalp sore and itchy'

When I first started using it, my scalp freaked out with burning sensations during the application and with big ugly orange flakes. Both of these symptoms went away with a good shampoo regimen.

'I used revivogen for 4 months now and my hair is still thinning and falling out.'

Common thinking posits that you should give it at least SIX months.

'I might switch to tricomin after im out of revivogen'

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Tricomin is a whole different ballgame and would not replace the DHT-inhibiting properties of Revivogen.

smacker

Reaction score
I am interested in the results because I am either going to go Revivogen or minoxidil.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
minoxidil and revivogen are two completely different types of products, that do two completely different things. So please be aware of that before you put them up together and decide between the two.

Definitely agree that it should not just be Revivogen but spironolactone + Revivogen. Both Dr. Lee and the Revivogen Folks acknowledged to me that this was a more potent method.

Revivogen can be likened to Propecia in its timeline, so a minimum of 12 months should be the evaluation period. Long time I know, sorry guys, thats just how it goes.

If you're on Revivogen and spironolactone you can avoid the irritation also by only applying the Revivogen once per day, and doing so in the evening. The irritation won't kick in (if at all) until you're asleep and you can wash it out in the morning. This has worked for me. I would not recommend once daily dosing if you are not also on Sprio.

HairLossTalk.com

urban

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
MinoxIf you're on Revivogen and spironolactone you can avoid the irritation also by only applying the Revivogen once per day, and doing so in the evening. The irritation won't kick in (if at all) until you're asleep and you can wash it out in the morning. This has worked for me. I would not recommend once daily dosing if you are not also on Sprio.

HairLossTalk.com

Are you recommeding using revivogen twice a day, if not on spironolactone.

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
I just started revivogen 2 weeks ago as well..
and my scalp is soooo oily / dirty after a few hours of application, and eventually make me drop more hair when i shampooo
since i started for like 2 weeks only.. i hvent notice any differenes, is this normal, does that happened to anyone?