korean

dchae

Reaction score
Know what sucks? Being korean and losing your hair. There aren't many korean men (at least not that I've seen) that suffer from male pattern baldness at an early age. Plus, many don't shave their head like black or white people do. I keep telling my parents that I'm going to eventually shave my head and they keep telling me not to. Then, my asks my uncle, her younger brother, what to do since she's worried about my male pattern baldness. She said not to worry about it because he said there were a lot of good wigs over in Korea.... I'd rather shave my head and look sorta weird than have to live through life with wigs, hiding the truth and afraid that it will be found out.

My biggest dilemma is my nationality and how other people of my nationality will take me, especially the women. I do prefer asian girls to others and I don't know many that are attracted to bald men. Oh, it doesn't help that on Korean variety shows, whenever they're playing some kind of game and they have to make fun of a person on the other team, if the person is bald/balding, they'll make a joke about that. Guess even though I think I accepted it, it'll still take some more time to be completely be fine with it.

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
hey man, I feel your pain.
even though i'm chinese and not korean I think it's the samething.

you look around and see all these other asian guys with low hairlines and thick thick hair and it makes you wonder, why me?!?!

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Where exactly do you live? Asians (including koreans) with shaved heads is very common where I live. I'm filipino and I'm not lying when I say all my filipino friends have shaved/buzzed heads, including myself. I think it's because the whole hip hop / basketball culture is huge here, so everyone from all different backgrounds shave their heads.

However, I do agree that it sucks being a balding asian. There are bald asians around, but it's rare to see them go bald at such a young age.

dchae

Reaction score
I live in pennsylvania. Where I am, I haven't seen many shaved/buzzed asians. Then again, the area where I am don't have many asians so if I shaved my head, I would stick out even more lol.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey come live here in toronto then. Large korean population, and lots of asians with shaved heads.... you'll fit right in :)

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
kalbo said:
Where exactly do you live? Asians (including koreans) with shaved heads is very common where I live. I'm filipino and I'm not lying when I say all my filipino friends have shaved/buzzed heads, including myself. I think it's because the whole hip hop / basketball culture is huge here, so everyone from all different backgrounds shave their heads.

However, I do agree that it sucks being a balding asian. There are bald asians around, but it's rare to see them go bald at such a young age.

Yeah I know what you mean. Alot of my Filipino friends and co-workers all have shaved heads. I mean when I see a Filipino with long hair it just looks weird and awkward to me.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah alot of filipinos have thick, unmanagable hair so that's y a lot of us go with the buzz cut. Well that, and the fact that most flips wish they were black (ooops, did i just write that!?).

Seriously though I think more asians should shave their heads. You know, bring the whole buddhist monk look to the forefront.

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
im korean living in Westside of the states... i see koreans and other asians everywhere and they all have full set of hair .. at least around my age.. im 22btw.. i'v been shaving my head past year or so and my gfs is now asking me to grow it out.. $#IT!!! what do i do now? :shock: