krazers story

krazer22

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Been a long time reader of this very informative site, first time poster(please excuse english). Well I first started noticing my hair loss around the age of 23 years (2 years ago). I didnt decide to do anything until september of 06. It was then i started taking Glaxo Avodart 0.5 every morning and minoxidil two times per day. By March my hair was looking pretty good, i felt i was a pretty good responder. I dont remember shedding any hair at all and definately saw some regrowth, darker and thicker hair, temples filling in. Alot of my friends were asking me if i was dying my head, and giving many compliments. Well after I got into a car accident in march i stopped taking avodart and then stopped minoxidil in mid may. Money was tight so i had to discontinue everything. Though I feel like i havent went completely back to baseline, i was set back quite a bit for sure. Well I just got a new job and some financial stability so I ordered a 3 month supply of avodart and plan on getting back on the track I was on before my accident. Well thanks for reading and good luck to all.

P.S.- After stopping minoxidil for a month i got some foam about 2.5 week ago and am already starting to see the velous hairs coming in around the hairline...also taking 3000mg msm per day

RaginDemon

Reaction score
dutasteride cannot be that expensive. I mean if hair means that much to you, you can skip eating out couple times a month to get dutasteride.

If it worked great for you, I think you should get back on it.

GL!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
such is life,this guy has luck with avodart and throws it away

yup

in a way he shouldn't be complaining at all.

krazer22

Reaction score
hey guys im sorry if i offended i just got lazy and my money was extremely tight..After reading tons of post where people have tried everyting under the sun and nothing seemed to work for them i really felt shitty and that i was taking my brief successes for granted..but trust me the last time i stopped treatments was because i was in a huge financial jam im talking about i needed to borrow money from family for rent and food(humiliating)...plus i was really clueless about hairloss, once i noticed the hair getting thicker and the regrowth i thought i was good to go for awhile...just very uneducated about the subject. Well i recieved my avodart 2 days after my post and am feeeling better already. Now i know alot of people r going to call me crazy or a liar but i seriously think i am an extremely good responder to dutasteride and minoxidil...its been about 8 days since ive been back on the dutasteride and i swear my hair is thicker and darker looking its crazy. The first time i took avodart i did it for 2 months and my hair got extremely thick and i had great regrowth in that short of a time span(with minoxidil)...I stopped thinking i was cured and after about 3 months it got bad again...got back on the avodart and minoxidil and this time it took a little more time but eventually it started getting really thick and my hairline was creeping down...stopped caring about hair and treatment, and i was broke...Finally after checkin this site for the past 2 months and finally understanding that treatments r a lifelong process this time around i plan on going all the way with this, i even got a 6 month supply of avodart and 3 months supply of minoxidil...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I hear you man.

I hope dutasteride will help you get your hair back, best of luck!!