Kremlin's Story (with photos)

kremlin

Reaction score
hi all,

think it might be the right time to post my hair loss story here.
start to realise that I having hair loss back in May 2003 and my instant regime was Xandrox 5% day and night which I only applied on the frontal area. There are thinning all of the head generally but decided to try it on the frontal to see how effective it is. No positive result after using for about a year.

Then on June 2004, I switched to Xandrox 15% and applied on the frontal area again 0.5ml twice per day as it is not recommended to apply more than 1ml per day. On the first two months, notice i could see more scalp on the frontal area and i got freak out and hoping that the shed hairs will regrow but unfortunately, not in my case. Till now, i am still sticking to Xandrox 15% till I find a regime that works for me.

I am thinking on adding 1.25mg proscar/per into my regime next month and hopefully, it will bring positive result. But what I am afraid of is that proscar will cause more shedding that i may not be able to recover just like my Xandrox case. This is the reason why i dare not to apply Xandrox all over my scalp.

Anyone care to comment or have an suggestion for me? i will put up my photo soon in the next post.

Here is my photos:-
frontal left

frontal right

G

looks good!

100x better than my hair anyway :(

you got good thickness

kremlin

Reaction score
Hi random,

Thank you for reading my post. I hope things will get better for all of us here.

Would want to post more photos for everyone to comment/view.
I will be taking 1.25mg proscar from April and will post more photos quarterly.

Front - Month0

Top - Month0

Crown - Month0

I have oily scalp and am not sure if minoxidil works well in this condition. Can anyone have any idea or recommendation to whether i need to handle my scalp condition before starting on treating male pattern baldness? :?

Thanks

G

I think you really should have started with finasteride in the first place. But saying that you hair looks OK.

kremlin

Reaction score
thanks for the advice. I should have done so but i hope it is not too late now. i will add finasteride to my regime in April.

when i started my research, there are ppl advising me not to mess with my body system (taking propecia) unless it is serious condition. after about two years on minoxidil applying on my temple area, i am losing faith :cry:

G

Kremlin looks good man.I had 1300 grafts perfomed 10 months ago now.Check out my pictures and tell me what you think? Im going back for 1100 more in 2 months.

Damo

kremlin

Reaction score
it looks okay at the moment but i know i will be losing it soon if i don't take further action. hair transplant here too expensive to bear. you look good too after hair transplant :)

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey kremlin,

Did you notice any micro fluff hairs popping up when you used Xandox?

G

Kremlin how much did your procedure cost you? Who was your Dr?

kremlin

Reaction score
Rage,

I did notice some micro hair on the temple side but it does not grow into thicker hair which I am quite disappointed. I guess my male pattern baldness is sitll progressing actively or maybe it is because i do not include finasteride in my regime.

Damien,

If i dont get you wrong, i did not go for any hair transplant. I only use Xandrox 15% one year ago and Xandrox 5% before that.

kremlin

Reaction score
Hi Rage,

Do you have any advice or suggestion for me based on my regime and oily scalp as I know you have great success with your regime?

Congrat to you man! :D

G

Bismarck i think you could be right my friend.Did you manage to have alook at my pics at all?

rgds Damo

kremlin

Reaction score
Bismarck,

my knowledge in hair loss is limited. can you elaborate more?
does nizoral help?

thanks a lot

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
kremlin said:
Do you have any advice or suggestion for me based on my regime and oily scalp as I know you have great success with your regime?

If you add daily TGel and twice weekly Nizoral (I have generic brands for both), that should clear up that oily scalp very well. However, my skin is naturally dry (I also never get pimples), but hopefully those two will do the same for you judging from what others in this forum say.

Add in Proscar as well and you'll have the same regime as me! Be warned though.. some of the side-effects of proscar can be a little scary but stick with it at least a year or so...

Good Luck!

kremlin

Reaction score
Thanks Rage. Have just added Nizoral to my regime.
Will add in Tgel and proscar soon.

Anyway, i was thinking of checking/asking on which shampoo i should use daily and then *POP* you answered in your post.

Thanks again man. :)