KT36's Story - (36 / sharing my experience)

KT36

Reaction score
I'm a 36 year old male and I started losing my hair around 21.

At the time it was devastating. But after a few years I started shaving my head. I didn't have a problem with it because I have a nice shaped head and women kind of always dug the whole thing, so I never really had a 'confidence issue" with it.

As a young guy I had SUPER thick hair, so when it started to go I was shocked. I've shaved my head since 23 and tried different shampoos and such. I used to always ponder hair transplants but the idea of it totally SUCKED in my mind so I never went through with it even after a few consults with doctors back in the 'old days'.

My hair loss profile has always been thinning and not so much recession.

So I just started to get serious about my hair because 1) Im tired of shaving it 2) Im really curious to have hair again

Was taking Saw Palmetto....now realized it was not what I thought. Think I maybe overrated my "pills". Strange side effects and no noticeable growth. Stoppage at BEST.

Just ordered Revivogen Shampoo and spironolactone...will try those two out.

I remember using Revivogen before but didn't give it it's full go. Skipped a lot of nights and such. Intend to use it the right way this time.

Will NOT use finasteride pills, cannot bring myself to risk my sex drive, which is important in my life. More important than hair.

May have an appointment with "DR LEE" since his office is near me.

ETA:I've stopped using the "P" pills (Saw Palmetto base) It was messing with my hormones or something and felt 'different' now that I think about it. And a noticeable increase in anger, anxiety, and aggression, not where I want to be.

After taking photos I see that 5 months of pills hasn't really done much for my hair. At best it stopped any further loss, but I am even unsure about that. I guess unless you take photos and really OBSERVE your loss, you don't know what's going on.

So back to the drawing board. Kind of dismayed to because I didn't realize I was this far into thinning. I always just ignored it all. Hope it's not too late to get serious.

Attachments

• CIMG3754.JPG
    CIMG3754.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 150
  • CIMG3706.JPG
    CIMG3706.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
  • CIMG3767.JPG
    CIMG3767.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 149
  • CIMG3708.JPG
    CIMG3708.JPG
    899.2 KB · Views: 162
  • CIMG3753.JPG
    CIMG3753.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
  • CIMG3742.JPG
    CIMG3742.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
  • CIMG3767.JPG
    CIMG3767.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 164

KT36

Reaction score
Re: Hey People... Just Saying Hello And My Story/ Experience

Read the posted rules. I screwed this thread up. Will revise when I can. Sorry

KT36

Reaction score

Edited because I'm not going to entertain paranoid people when I'm trying to get help.

voidoid

Reaction score

saw palmetto acts in the same way that finasteride does, but there have been few studies as to the extent of it's effectiveness or side effects. Couple that with uncertainty of dosage amount, and i would much rather take finasteride.

KT36

Reaction score
Now that I've uploaded photos, if anyone would like to help me out by telling me what 'type' they think of male pattern baldness I have, that would be cool.

Aside from that I haven't taken pictures of my head for a while because I just lived with it and got used to it.

Now that I see these photos I think, "Damn muthuf*cka...you sho is bald"

LOL

I don't know if there is any hope for me but I'll try.

Seeing how thick my hairs are on the sides reminds me how they used to be ON TOP of my head. Kinda sad, losing hair sucks.