Kube8's story - (age 32, been on finasteride for 10 years)

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
ok so.... here's my story.

I am 31 (almost 32) and have been maintaining my hair for many many years. I first noticed that I was losing some hair (tho in retrospect I was just being whiny) back when I was around 21/22 I think. Knowing that I had a VERY bald grandfather on my mothers side and a completely useless father with a magnificently full, thick head of greek hair (even now in his 60's - the bastard! j/k love ya dad), I started taking propecia and using rogaine as a preventative measure. Yes folks - that's over 10 years ago now.... basically right after it came out (propecia I mean). It's very difficult for anyone to say what I might look like now had I not taken these medications, but all I can say for sure is that I haven't lost much hair - that is - until recently.

Lately, my hair has been receding like it's going out of style. It's happened before, but only very slight... first on the right side and then the left - never above my forehead area. Now, my hair is running from my hair line like they just saw a ghost and it makes me want to puke! Mostly by the temples, but the very front area is noticeably thinner. Also, my head has been really itchy and I think I can actually feel my hair dying (tho maybe it's psychosomatic). I can feel the cold air on my scalp which is a constant reminder of my situation.... all this in just a few months.

Basically, since I'm a "glass-half-empty" person and I don't know how far this is going to go, i'm fa-REEKING out (on the inside) thinking of what's to come. At this point, I don't think that anyone who might look at my hair would think "oh he's balding" and I'd probably get a lot of "STFU you wimp - enjoy it while it lasts" types of comments from some of you who are further along if you saw my hair, but it doesn't help.

I mean... isn't propecia supposed to stop this nonsense? 10 years I've been on it - 10 friggin years! I know I know it only "slows" it mainly and not necessarily on the front of the scalp, but more so in the back.... what the hell that's about I'll never understand - sheesh!

When I was in my early 20's, my thing was - "Oh, by the time my hair starts to go and the drugs stop working, they will have come out with hair cloning or something similar and I'll be fine." Well, that time has seemingly come, and I don't think I have the options I had hoped for 10 years ago. I've read about hair multiplication, cell therapy blah blah blah, but it doesn't seem to be making the progress people had anticipated. intercytex sounds really interesting, but what kind of results are we talking about here? Will they be able to grow a whopping 4 new hairs on our heads? Will these be gross, cotton-candy-like hairs or what?

I've begun taking more vitamins, scalp massaging, exercising - things that will help with circulation, but I'm getting the feeling that resistance is futile. Does anyone have any advice for me? Anything new I might try? Where should I go from here? I'm sorry for my extensive rant, but this is really depressing :(

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Hi all... Newbie here and not so happy!

maybe Propecia can only do so much, you have bought 10 yrs from the drug, you don't get to complaint.

I am not greedy, if Propecia can buy 10 yrs for my hair, I'd be very happy.

HM is still far from now, I am not even sure if it will land in this life time.