Kyle Thomp 06's story - (age 19, any advice?)

Kyle Thomp 06

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well, I do not wish to drop my name, but I'm here to tell my story and hopefully gain some advice and hope. Maybe you all could help me! I'm 19 years old, male, very healthy, in college, excersize and work out 6 days a week, 2 - 3 times a day, VERY HEALTHY EATING DIET, have a great family, and many fantastic friends. On the inside, I have a great life. But when I look into the mirror, the first thing I look at is my hair. Honestly, my hair USED to complete me. I have many friends who tell me I am a good looking guy, but I cannot look past my hair shedding. It's completely unfair, I used to have such beautiful thick hair, now I am noticing thinning at the temples and vertex, and my hair has become such a different damaged, dry texture. In all honesty, no one has really noticed besides me. However, I want to be able to stop this thinning before it gets any worse. Last October, I started taking Propecia, but it's still a bit too early to see if those effects have kicked in. Next month, during the beginning of May, I am going for my Veralex 2.0 treatment. I pray that this will add the density and texture that I want. However, I know this is just a temporary solution as they have told me it only lasts for about a year before it starts to fall out. (Though, they dramatically reduce the price of a second Veralex treatment, if you wish to do it again.) I considered shaving my head after this Veralex is over, just so I won't have to look and see my hair shedding (Yes I realize the average human loses 100-150 re-growable hairs a day) and thinning everyday.

Will there ever be a cure for male pattern baldness?

barcafan

Reaction score
Re: My Story, any advice?

sh*t, i hope so man, i hope so.

Just keep doing what you're doing, stay on the propecia and MAYBE add minoxidil if there's enough loss (Or i guess even to maintain your temples).
Most importantly, try not to think about it too much and dont let it control your life. Yes this is probably the most difficult part but its also very important. If you can stay happy then you're golden!

Good luck.

Kyle Thomp 06

Reaction score

Thanks man, I appreciate it. As I said, it's honestly not to the point where people can say "Wow, he's definitely going bald," but I am noticing it. Hair loss at 19 = :(

All we can do is pray and hope for the best.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score

The finasteride should slow it down if you respond well but as time goes by you will start to deal with the fact that there is only so much you can do. Try not to waste too much time worrying as you have more hair today than you will will ever have, enjoy it.