L Arginine & l-lysine

baldyblake

Reaction score
hi all!. i am at the moment on 6 weeks into minoxidil and 4 weeks into propecia, i think i may be getting somewhere but its just peach fuzz and shedding which is getting scarey now :(

ive just been doing some research and found that l-lysine and l-arginine would help/promote hair growth?.

would it be safe to purchase both and take one a day with my minoxidil and propecia treatment, or would it increase hair loss and DHT production??.
or do alot of members already use these?

right now my regime is

1ml morn and then 1ml at night of minoxidil
one 1mg propecia averagely around 2pm to 6pm

ive cut the alcohol pretty much out now and drink lots of water which i never really did.

could anyone advise any handy supplements i could take which would aid my regime?

right now i just feel like my body might be lacking something which may have caused hairloss in the first place at a young age (im 22years old)

i have always live a bit of a bad diet lifestyle but always been skinny, not much of a veggie fan apart from peas carrots sweetcorn beans & kidney beans etc.

thanks

baldyblake

baldyblake

Reaction score
apologies guys ive just realised that i should have posted this in the vitamins and supplements section!

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if those things will help, if they do I might try them myself too.

Don't blame your diet for your hair loss. Your genetics most likely is the culprit here.

baldyblake

Reaction score
Not anyone who has heard or used these then??
just woke up and tried kickin the minoxidil in for last day or 2 but it just bit me hardcore and shedding is continuing as usual :sobbing:

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Shedding at the time you are with minoxidil is a VERY good sign. Suck it up!

Same thing happened to me. My hair is getting a lot better!

Make sure to use finasteride and nizoral also... otherwise you are just putting new furniture in a burning house.

Good luck

hethen

Reaction score
I've used both L-Arginine (500mg) & L-Lysine (1000mg) as bodybuilding supplements in the past. The first few times I took L-Arginine I noticed a slight increase in my max, but they didn't stop my hair from falling out. Now, I took these before I started on my hairloss regimen, simply because it wasn't as prominent then. Now, I'm scared to go into a gym for fear of more hairloss. But anyways, I know L-Arginine is supposed to be a vasodilator, but for its effects to actually be noticeable, they recommend taking 2-3000mg daily. I wasn't willing to take that much. Also, as a side note, you shouldn't take the two pills together...they fight for the same receptors, and the one with the higher effinity will win (I don't know which one that is). From what I remember, this was for receptors in/past the BBB (blood brain barrier) - I don't know if this is the only receptors that they bind to, but I would assume for hairloss these are probably the ones you'd be concerned about anyways. They must be taken at least 2 hours separate of each other to potentialize full effects from the pills. I took the L-Arginine before a workout (usually after lunch) and the L-Lysine before I went to bed.

In theory, the L-Arginine should help as it is a vasodilator and increases blood/nutrients everywhere in the body. I would guess you would probably have to take at least 1500mg - 2000mg to notice any effect (regardless if positive or negative)

You receive plenty of L-Lysine by eating your meats. And absorption of vitamins (or in this case, amino acids) is waaaay better through food versus a pill. L-Arginine was abundant in nuts, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc, with a decent bit found in beans.