L-Arginine shampoo

BloodyWELL

Reaction score
just copy/paste and some formatting.

L-Arginine
Arginine may inhibit one of the primary mechanisms of the Aging Process Cross-Linking. Assists with improving Blood Circulation, prevents Atherosclerosis, abnormal Blood Clotting and lower Blood Pressure. Assists with Intestinal Permeability Ulcerative Colitis, Hair loss, Bacterial and Viral Diseases, Cholesterol, Insulin Resistance, alleviate Obesity and facilitates weight loss, facilitates Muscle Growth, prevents and alleviates Male impotence and improves Sperm count and sperm motility. Enhances (male & female) Sexual Desire (libido) and Sexual Performance, useful for Skin and Hair.

· Arginine may lower serum Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) levels.

Dietary sources
Arginine is a conditionally nonessential amino acid, meaning most of the time it can be manufactured by the human body, and does not need to be obtained directly through the diet. The biosynthetic pathway however does not produce sufficient arginine, and some must still be consumed through diet. Individuals who have poor nutrition or certain physical conditions may be advised to increase their intake of foods containing arginine. Arginine is found in a wide variety of foods, including:
Animal sources: dairy products (e.g. cottage cheese, ricotta, milk, yogurt, whey protein drinks), beef, pork (e.g. bacon, ham), poultry (e.g. chicken and turkey light meat), wild game (e.g. pheasant, quail), seafood (e.g. halibut, lobster, salmon, shrimp, snails, tuna)
Vegetable sources: wheat germ and flour, buckwheat, granola, oatmeal, peanuts, nuts (coconut, pecans, cashews, walnuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, pinenuts), seeds (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower), chick peas, cooked soybeans

Function
Arginine plays an important role in cell division, the healing of wounds, removing ammonia from the body, immune function, and the release of hormones. Arginine, taken in combination with proanthocyanidins or yohimbine, has also been used as a treatment for erectile dysfunction.

The benefits and functions attributed to oral ingestion of L-arginine include:
Precursor for the synthesis of nitric oxide (NO)
Stimulation of the release of growth hormone.
Improves immune function
Reduces healing time of injuries (particularly bone)
Quickens repair time of damaged tissue
Reduces risk of heart disease
Increases muscle mass
Reduces adipose tissue body fat
Helps improve insulin sensitivity
Helps decrease blood pressure
Alleviates male infertility, improving sperm production and motility
Increases blood circulation throughout the body, including the sex organs
Improves reproductive ability

As a precursor
Arginine is the immediate precursor of NO, urea, ornithine and agmatine; is necessary for the synthesis of creatine; and can also be used for the synthesis of polyamines (mainly through ornithine and to a lesser degree through agmatine), citrulline, and glutamate. For being a precursor of NO, (relaxes blood vessels), arginine is used in many conditions where vasodilation is required. The presence of asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA), a close relative, inhibits the nitric oxide reaction; therefore, ADMA is considered a marker for vascular disease, just as L-arginine is considered a sign of a healthy endothelium.

Aging Process
Arginine may inhibit one of the primary mechanisms of the Aging Process (it may inhibit the process of Cross Linking).

Nervous System
Arginine may be useful for the treatment of Alzheimer's Disease (due to its ability to repair damaged Axons by increasing Polyamines levels).
Arginine (combined with Lysine) may reduce Stress induced Anxiety. Arginine may be essential for the regeneration of damaged Axons of Neurons (its role appears to be as an agent for degrading Proteins that have been damaged through Axon injury). Arginine may facilitate the potency of Long Term Memory (by stimulating the production of Nitric Oxide (NO) a Neurotransmitter responsible for the potentiation (storage) of Long Term Memory. Arginine (combined with Lysine) may reduce Stress induced Anxiety.

Arginine Pyroglutamate is present in relatively large quantities in the Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF).
Arginine Pyroglutamate may improve Learning ability.
Arginine Pyroglutamate may improve Memory.

Growth Factors
Arginine Pyroglutamate (when administered concurrently with Lysine Hydrochloride) may stimulate the secretion of Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) (by stimulating the release of Human Growth Hormone):
One clinical study has demonstrated that (in young human males), 1,200 mg Arginine Pyroglutamate + 1,200 mg of Lysine Hydrochloride caused an increase in IGF-1 levels. Either nutrient taken alone had no effect on hGH levels even when the dosage was doubled.

Ears/Hearing
Arginine may enhance the function of (outer) Hair Cells in the Organ of Corti which surrounds the Cochlea.
Arginine may prevent or alleviate some types of Deafness (by facilitating the elongation of outer Hair Cells in the Organ of Corti):
Arginine may prevent or alleviate Sensorineural Hearing Loss (by facilitating the elongation of outer Hair Cells in the Organ of Corti):
Arginine may prevent or alleviate Noise Induced Hearing Loss (by facilitating the elongation of outer Hair Cells in the Organ of Corti):

Hair
Hair Loss may occur as a result of Arginine deficiency: Arginine (applied topically to the Scalp) is claimed (in a patent) to facilitate Hair regrowth in Male Pattern Baldness patients by improving Blood Circulation to the Scalp.

Skin/Hair
Arginine (cream applied topically to the feet) may increase Blood Circulation to the feet of Plantar Ulcers patients and may help to prevent Plantar Ulcers.

thinninghairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
well ...

first wash and slapped some tonic on

hair looks amazing , finally a decent shampoom, will continue to use for 4 months like it says seeing as its so cheap

edit: will discontinue use if something shady happends

thinninghairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
from another site:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually I dont believe the following claim one bit. But then there is a part of me still thinking "what if". Guess that is why I keep reading this site. Cause what if... :)

http://v3.espacenet.com/publicationDeta ... cale=en_EP

EXAMPLE 1
[0021] In this example a 53 year old man with a scalp lacking sufficient hair consisting of a severely receding hairline as well as large "bald spot" on the top rear of his head was provided with a penetrating cream containing L-arginine hydrochloride (12.5% w/v), choline chloride (10% w/v), sodium chloride (5% w/v) and magnesium chloride (5% w/v). The cream was applied to the bald areas each night before going to bed and was rubbed in extensively for maximal absorption. New hair growth was noted within 2-3 weeks. Within 4 months the receding hairline (previously 4 cm of bald skin) had returned to normal and the "bald spot" previously more than 7 cm in diameter had been reduced to an area of less than 2 cm with even this area showing some new hair growth.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The choline, sodium and magnesium chloride are interesting additions to the L-arganine

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
I take 4 grams of L-Arginine daily. I also have a topical spray. Can't say they do much for hair, but oral Arginine seems to give me morning wood like a 13-year old.

UunoTurhapuro

Established Member
Reaction score
£1? Where did you buy it from? It also contains salicylic acid which is exfoliating and has anti-bacterial action.

thinninghairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
yeh i bought it for a pound in boots in the uk

its new , i remember following a thread ages ago where a member said it improved is hair dramatically ( old version ) same but without arganine

its now "peak" of summer and my hair is looking pretty dam healthy whats up with that ?

vit D from the sun ? stopping mico ?

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
thinninghairsucks, I too came across Vosene Hair tonic at my local store and I am thinking of trying it out.

Have you carried on using it?

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
I take 4 grams of L-Arginine daily. I also have a topical spray. Can't say they do much for hair, but oral Arginine seems to give me morning wood like a 13-year old.

I've tried Arginine in the past as well. I find that doses over about 2 gms per day give me intestinal upset (gas and diarrhea). I've read that you don't get improved erections until about 6 gms in a single dose, but your 4 gms sounds like you might be on the easy responder side of the bell curve. When do you take it, and what dose at each serving?