L-Arginine

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I just bought some L-Arginine today and was wondering if anyone has had good results with this supplement? I know it is good for many things and was wondering how long did it take for anyone to notice effectiveness from L-Arginine supplementation? Cheers

CCS

Reaction score
i doubt it will give you much results by itself, but i read good stuff on dr proctors site about it.

CCS

Reaction score
perhaps we need bonded arginine?

8. Most protein powders are fortified with L-glutamine. Why do you supplement with peptide bonded glutamine instead of L-glutamine like the rest?

Answer: Glutamine is included in these types of formulations because it is well known that supplementing with glutamine can result in increased lean tissue growth. Recent studies have suggested that glutamine supplementation is effective because it provides an immediate boost in growth hormone and free testosterone levels. These same recent studies have also suggested that food, particularly proteins or other amino acids, may decrease glutamine's anabolic effect. L-glutamine is a free amino acid and, as such, can only be absorbed into the blood via a competitive absorption mechanism. It is this competitive absorption mechanism that may be responsible for the decreased anabolic effect of glutamine when the free amino acid is consumed in the presence of food, protein, or other amino acids.

On the other hand, there are numerous studies that have concluded that peptide bound amino acids are absorbed far more efficiently into the body than free amino acids. Some studies claim that peptide bound amino acids are absorbed up to 20 times better than free amino acids. We use only peptide bonded glutamine for our products because we are trying to ensure that you get the maximum anabolic benefits of glutamine. There is little evidence that supplementing a protein powder with L-glutamine is beneficial. There is, however, much evidence that peptide bonded amino acids are efficiently absorbed and that their benefits are then realized. It only makes sense that consuming L-glutamine in the presence of other proteins or amino acids is a waste of money. On the other hand, consuming peptide bonded glutamine in conjunction with other protein sources and amino acids will be of benefit.