Lanaprost study

Saint-Loup

Reaction score
Overall, at 24 weeks into the study, hair density had increased 22% in the entire study population.
Another interesting finding is that the proportion of hairs in the anagen phase versus the telogen phase — referred to as the anagen/telogen ratio — remained stable. The authors of the study describe the significance of this finding:

“The stabile anagen/telogen ratio might indicate that latanoprost does not modify the length of anagen and telogen phases of individual hair follicles. However, as the absolute number of both anagen and telogen hair increased, it seems latanoprost recruits new hairs into the growth phase.â€￾

very surprising !!!!
thank you for the article!

Does someone owns the full study please??

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
Does someone owns the full study please??

i do - just click the dropbox link - its in there somewhere
Conclusions: Latanoprost significantly increased hair density (terminal and vellus hairs) at 24 weeks compared with baseline and the placebo-treated area. Latanoprost could be useful in stimulating hair follicle activity and treating hair loss. ( J Am Acad Dermatol 2012;66:794-800.)

another new study Nov 2012 is in there
Evidence-based treatments for female pattern hair loss: a summary of a Cochrane systematic review (Nov 2012)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m88q0lin9qmuqyw/_Ev2pK8IOW

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic from a Lanaprost study, pretty amazing results at about 6 months.

Attachments

• latanoprost.jpg
    latanoprost.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 204

lobsterlobster

Established Member
Reaction score
damn, i don't feel too comfortable mixing my own pgd2 blocker, but i feel as though hair loss research is exploding. very optimistic about the future. though i'm still new to the place