Large shed (pics) with rogaine foam after 1 month

bobhairly

Reaction score
Hi guys,

ive been using finasteride for about 5 weeks, nizoral for 5 weeks twice weekly and rogaine foam for about 4 weeks, and in the last week or so i have been noticing a large increase in hair loss in the vertext and front.

Hairs all over my pillows, in my hands when i run my hand through my hair etc.

Attached are pictures 1 month apart, as you can see my hair has drastically got worse

Also i have been experiencing dandruff for the first time in my life

I skipped a dose of the foam tonight, and now no hairs are falling it.
Could it be that i have been reacting badly to it?

The hairs which have been falling out are longish and pretty dark so i dont think their ministurised and are responding to the min

I have also been getting spots on my face, which i guess is the foam but could be the finasteride i guess?

Im going to stop the foam, and infact all topicals there a pain in the ***, i wanted to stay it out for a year but at this rate ill be bold in 2 weeks

Im hoping its going to grow back in the next cycle to what it was, any hopes in that?
ill have to be happy with just finasteride and nizoral just for maintenance, but for what i had
Damn i wish i didnt go down the min route :sobbing:

ive also been taking msm and biotin to hope it helps hair regrowth

Finally, noticed in all my photos over the months i always have the same red spot on my scalp near the temple and there is no hair around it, i seem to be bolder on that side, less terminal and much less vellus,any ideas? red spot can be seen on both photos on the right side near the original hairline)

thanks all!

Attachments

• P1000607.JPG
    P1000607.JPG
    749.3 KB · Views: 4,962
  • front-top-hairfoward-closeup.jpg
    front-top-hairfoward-closeup.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 18,045

beaner

Reaction score
Don't stop the rogaine, you need to ride out the shed---there is absolutely no reason for it not to grow back. I can barely see a difference in those two pictures, but they do tell me that you definitely need to be on minoxidil.

bobhairly

Reaction score
Did it grow back when you stopped timi?

i think its highly suspicious my hair falling out when i apply foam, and doesnt when i dont.

I understand a shed to be something which happens all day, not just when you apply min

so i think i have reacted to it, would you guys agree?

PS
went without foam again today, hair feels so much better

i wish there was a shampoo or something i apply before a shower, so i can wash it off and have a healthy scalp

i heard nanomix was good for this, just 10 mins then wash, i could fit that into my life but i think the company stopped trading so the owners could study lol

bobhairly

Reaction score
Well since i stopped the min the hair loss has stopped, im sure i must of reacted badly so im going to quit for good, been refreshing not having to apply it twice a day and have an unhealthy scalp and messy hait all day

keeping up on the finasteride and nizoral though, plus loads of biotin and msm

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dude, you need to stay on minoxidil.... look at my story on success stories.. ive gone through some BAD !!!! SHEDS !!!