laser comb is fda approved to promote hair growth?

Oren19

Reaction score
b"h

hello

i'm saw this site:
http://hairmax.com/fda-510-k-medical-device-clearance
and it's say:

The HairMax LaserComb is indicated to treat Androgenetic Alopecia and promote hair growth in males who have Norwood Hamilton Classifications of IIa to V patterns of hair loss and Fitzpatrick Skin Types I to IV.

i'm searched on the fda offical site, and i'm found:
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs ... 060305.pdf
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_d...10/K103368.pdf
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_d...f9/K093499.pdf

the hairmax laser comb is approved by FDA to promote hair growth???

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
from my year and half or so's research/experience in hairloss, i've never yet seen anything decent come from the lasercomb.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairmax Lasercomb is not proven to regrow hair for alopecia patients. It does however help with blood movement as the lasers press against the skin thus moving blood flow. Recommended after you put a topical solution on your head.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairmax Lasercomb is not proven to regrow hair for alopecia patients. It does however help with blood movement as the lasers press against the skin thus moving blood flow. Recommended after you put a topical solution on your head.

wrong, wrong, wrong!

The laser comb is fda approved for safety, but not for effectiveness, and it increases cellular energy in the form of atp, not blood movement.

this in turn encourages skin healing, and repair, and cellular growth in the hair follicle, but lasercombs have not enough power or coverage.

a laser comb, lexington or otherwise has 1-9 x 650nm (wavelength), 5mw (power) laser diodes, where clinics use 100 + of these same lasers.

therefore to get any sort of results, ( and lasers can regrow hair, just only recently lost hair) u need a helmet or hood design with 100+ lasers.

Lasers give limited results, but if u use a lasercomb u will get no results.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
anxious1 said:

wrong, wrong, wrong!

The laser comb is fda approved for safety, but not for effectiveness, and it increases cellular energy in the form of atp, not blood movement.

this in turn encourages skin healing, and repair, and cellular growth in the hair follicle, but lasercombs have not enough power or coverage.

a laser comb, lexington or otherwise has 1-9 x 650nm (wavelength), 5mw (power) laser diodes, where clinics use 100 + of these same lasers.

therefore to get any sort of results, ( and lasers can regrow hair, just only recently lost hair) u need a helmet or hood design with 100+ lasers.

Lasers give limited results, but if u use a lasercomb u will get no results.

Thanks for explaining it.

Still doesn't change the fact that the laser helmet is a weak solution and is not going to stop hair loss alone otherwise it would be talked about more.

Jeff

Reaction score
There's a company where I live in Arizona that advertises all the time on local radio about how they can grow your hair back in a years time or something.

I looked in to it and there main claim to fame is the magic laser helmet. You have to go in 2 to 3 times per week and sit in a chair with the laser helmet on your head for 30 minutes at a time. They also have someone massage your scalp afterward.

The real kicker is they put their patients on finasteride and minoxidil and some other herbal stuff.

They charge something like 250 a month which I thought was way to high considering the main benefit would probably come from the finasteride and minoxidil.

If someone who was on a internal or topical anti androgen were to use the laser helmet, they probably would see some benefit from it. But as a single treatment probably not.

I've heard mainly bad things about the laser combs

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Jeff said:
There's a company where I live in Arizona that advertises all the time on local radio about how they can grow your hair back in a years time or something.

I looked in to it and there main claim to fame is the magic laser helmet. You have to go in 2 to 3 times per week and sit in a chair with the laser helmet on your head for 30 minutes at a time. They also have someone massage your scalp afterward.

The real kicker is they put their patients on finasteride and minoxidil and some other herbal stuff.

They charge something like 250 a month which I thought was way to high considering the main benefit would probably come from the finasteride and minoxidil.

If some who was on a internal or topical anti androgen were to use the laser helmet, they probably would see some benefit from it. But as a single treatment probably not.

I've heard mainly bad things about the laser combs

There are so many complaints over companies like this. I seriously doubt any company in the world can offer a better solution than creating your own efficient regimen based off the following products

- CB-03-01
- RU58841
- Bimatoprost
- ASJ
- Minoxidil
- finasteride
- Dura
- SOD Spray
- spironolactone/Keta/Miconozole/Retin-a
- Good Shampoo
- Good Diet
- Good Supplements