Laser Comb

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellas,

Well, I have make the plunge and ordered Laser Comb. My regimen will now consist of Propecia, Nizoral (1x week) and Laser Comb. I will keep you guys posted.....

Over and OUT!
Tony

Reaction score
I think they are running $645.00 from Lexington International (the manufacturer). If you look on Ebay there were some people looking to sell theres for $300 or $400 but the extra 2 or 3 hundred dollars for the warranty might be worth.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I ordered one yesterday straight from Lexington and it came out to 659.00 with taxes and everything but I was informed last week that you could purchase them refurbished for 500 from Lexington -- you'll just run the risk of getting one a little dinged up and may have to return it for another. I'll keep you guys posted, too.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ditto to you all.

Paid $659.00.....

We will see, I guess its worth a try since they have the 4 month money back guarantee.....

Tony

Jay Tee

Established Member
Reaction score
Is this anything like the laser harmonix machine? The one where you sit under a hood for 15 or 30 minutes (depending on the laser strength) and it's supposed to stimulate hair growth? I tried that for over a year and ended up losing hair because the people who ran the place had no clue. They told me to stop taking Propecia while doing the laser therapy, and I'm almost positive that's why I ended up losing more hair. The laser did nothing for me. The only good thing about this was that they guaranteed results or else the money could be applied towards a hair transplant, which is what I ended up doing. The bad news is that the hair I lost was mostly in the crown area, and my transplant surgeon only did work on the front to middle of my scalp (he said since I'm under 30 that I should wait a while before doing work on the crown).

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
Jay Tee: just curious, what kind of male pattern baldness pattern do you have? I'm not sure how effective laser therapy is for hair, I want it more for my scalp which is always inflamed and aggrivating me. Thanks

Jay Tee

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a widow's peak and slight thinning of the crown. I just had a transplant of 1800 grafts to the frontal area 4 months ago. The laser treatment program I did was intended to regrow hair by stimulation of cells.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So i e-mailed Dr.Lee and asked him what he thought about the laser comb.Here's my question and his answer.

I asked:

1.What do you think about the "Hairmax Laser Comb" and do you think it is helpfull to treat male pattern baldness?

His Reply:

There's a common maxim that goes, "If something looks too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true." I think this truism is going to apply to the Laser Comb. The mention in TIME magazine recognized the Laser Comb for its novelty, not its utility. I give credit to the manufacturers for having the reserve not to claim any benefits for the treatment of male pattern baldness. The patents obtained for the Laser Comb are for cosmetic improvements to the hair, not the treatment of male pattern baldness. To this end, the Laser Comb may work very well, similar to electrically charged combs for pets. If and when the Laser Comb gets a patent as a therapeutic method to promote hair growth, I'll have to re-evaluate my thinking.

Reaction score
His response is accurate. Lexington can not claim that it regrows hair or stops male pattern baldness but it is FDA approved for scalp irratations, hair texture and thicking of existing hair shafts. Is it to good to be true, well it is if you are on the 10 - 12 percent that it proved no benefit for in its trials than it would be "to good to be true".

From the studies a large number of people in the studies actually saw regrowth/increased hair count so it has that kind of potential. I believe it is approved as a growth stimulant in Canada which always has been more liberal in the way of medicine.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can you show me the study that shows that the laser comb actually thickens the hair shafts? This would mean once your hair sheds then it's supposed to grow back thicker. I've used the laser comb for about 5 months so far and my hair hasn't gotton any thicker.It hasnt changed though.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
*****deleted by poster*****

Reaction score
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/research/me ... nt2men.htm

Thats of the main page from this forum. Read the articles listed under the Laser Comb description, the PDF file on the left I believe is the study data.

I have been pondering purchasing one myself so I have been trying to read up on it. As previously stated by many it does not work for everyone but then again niether does propecia, Rogaine or dutasteride. Nothing to this point is the "cure all" so many are looking for but the right combo of proven products may prove beneficial.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
strandbystrand said:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/research/men/treatment2men.htm

Thats of the main page from this forum. Read the articles listed under the Laser Comb description, the PDF file on the left I believe is the study data.

I have been pondering purchasing one myself so I have been trying to read up on it. As previously stated by many it does not work for everyone but then again niether does propecia, Rogaine or dutasteride. Nothing to this point is the "cure all" so many are looking for but the right combo of proven products may prove beneficial.

I agree with you...

At this point in my regimen its worth a try. It has some FDA backing along with the Canadian Health Department. That is a lot more then most things out there for hairloss. I guess only time will tell if I wasted my money or not.

Tony