Lavender Oil success Story

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I remember Michael Barry posting about the anti androgenic qualities of Lavender Oil. Anyway I didnt think too much about it or how to add it into a regimen. But I just came across this post at acne.org. Check it out. She said she noticed a significant reduction in sebum.

I have fairly mild but pretty constant acne, which has worsened slightly since I came off tetracycline a few months ago.

About a month-6 weeks ago I started using about 1 drop or less of lavender essential oil in my nightly moisturiser (Neutrogena Essential Moisture). Before this I had an oily-ish t-zone throughout the day. When I woke up in the morning it would be pretty shiny, and I would have to blot/apply powder a few times throughout the day.

Since I made this change (and I have pretty much kept everything else in my pretty simple routine the same) I have noticed a huge difference- I now don't get shiny skin at all, but it doesn't really feel dry. I also have a fringe, which used to look oily after a day in contact with my forehead, but which now still looks fine after a day or two.

It was a completely unexpected result; the only reason I tried this in the first place was because the oil was a freebie and I thought I would experiment. Is this definitely the cause? I should say that I haven't yet noticed a real difference in the number of spots I'm getting, but on the other hand I'm not sure what the effect of stopping antibiotics recently and having a very hormonal and stressful exam period recently might have contributed!

I'm not sure what I'm trying to get out of posting this- I would quite like someone else to try this and tell me how it goes to be honest!

michael barry

Reaction score
http://content.nejm.org/content/vol356/ ... /09f2.jpeg

There is the chart from the New England Journal of Medicine concerning the androgen-receptor binding ability of lavender and tea tree oil

On my own "experiments". Ive not been good about applying the stuff like I should have been, but did just complete a sebutape comparision of some water/everclear/lavender/cedarwood. Its a bit dissapointing. The right side of the forehead does indeed have less large "spots" on the sebutape than the left.........but its certainly nothing to get excited about. Perhaps 20% or so.

Ive decided to make a new batch of maybe 70% ethanol, water, plenty of lavender (20 drops in about 50 ml), half a ml of cedarwood, and about half a ml of rosemary....................and try it for about 6 more days. I'll see what I have then.

Ive ordered some crinagen (I have a lot of sebutape) and will probably order some fluridil and spironolactone before its over. There is no reason not to get as much of this stuff tested as possible. I'll let everybody know if I get a big "winner". So far green tea extract and ethanol has been a pretty big bust. Hardly any reduction in sebum at all. Gave up on that one.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats interesting Michael.

I will be very excited to hear your results.

Esp the fluridil. Much speculation and hearsay about that topical. Some say its great...others think it doesnt work at all.