LaVivid European Hair Scam--Looking for Alternatives

yourMom<3sMyHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been ordering from LaVivid for a while after MHE's quality went downhill. LaVivid has always been inconsistent but it's getting to the point where one out of three units is satisfactory.

The biggest scam of theirs is the change in their European hair. Their European hair has always been suspect--felt more like ultra-processed Indian hair to me, but who knows. It used to tangle terribly out of the shower, but at least it was fine and soft enough to be different from the Indian Remy hair.

Now I'm not convinced there is any difference. If anything, it's actually more coarse and wiry than Indian Remy hair. Not soft at all. The unit in the pic is a custom hybrid Keanu (they stopped offering this for some reason as a stock unit). The best part is, one Keanu order may be vlooped, and the next injected. The base is supposed to be .06, and I've never had an issue wearing my hair up at this thickness. However, this time around it appears to be much thicker to the point that I irritated the hell out of my forehead trying to cut the excess off. The edge of the hairline would not disappear after bonding (Ghostbond Platinum, which I always use on the hairline). The only thing they got right was the color.

The density is supposed to be 90% but my stylist had to thin this unit out more than any other unit I've ever had. It was a wall of hair. You would have to be blind to think this is 90% density.

I wore this for about three days and ripped it off. Reached out to their horrible customer service and was told to deal with it. Business must be good to treat customers this way as I have spent thousands with them for a few years now. No more. This unit was $328 after a coupon code.

Does anyone recommend a more competent company that offers skin units (I've given up on hybrid for now) with fine, soft hair and graduated hairlines? I would pay $500+ for consistency and quality. I've already tried MHE. Just ordered a Lite UTS from Lordhair. Never used them before but am aware of their quality, or lack thereof. Can't be worse than what I've been getting.

Attachments

• lavivid2.png
    lavivid2.png
    608.1 KB · Views: 38
  • lavivid3.jpg
    lavivid3.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 38
  • lavivid1.jpg
    lavivid1.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried Super Hair Pieces? I'm yet to try them but have done some research and they sound good, they know their stuff, and the prices are very reasonable for custom systems.

yourMom<3sMyHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried Super Hair Pieces? I'm yet to try them but have done some research and they sound good, they know their stuff, and the prices are very reasonable for custom systems.
I will probably give them a shot. I've been on the fence because of their customer photos. I might try a stock HD111 to gauge their overall quality and go from there.

I can't believe we have so few choices of quality manufacturers. I've wasted an unbelievable amount of money on units that I threw away because they looked absolutely terrible and obvious. But I've also had some really great units from these same companies which leads me to getting suckered into playing the lottery again due to lack of options.

Last edited:

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Esse Wigs in China. (don't worry, they make hair systems, not just 'wigs'). They do stock and custom units for a very reasonable price and they're great quality. They have excellent communication and they usually make a custom unit within a few weeks. They can ship pretty fast too. I'd give them a try. You can order via their website or their AliExpress shop:

Best thing to do is send them an email or message via AliExpress, explain what you want, and they will give you a price and direct you to the order page (either stock or custom).

I order longer hair systems (custom) from them and I'm very happy with them.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been ordering from LaVivid for a while after MHE's quality went downhill. LaVivid has always been inconsistent but it's getting to the point where one out of three units is satisfactory.

The biggest scam of theirs is the change in their European hair. Their European hair has always been suspect--felt more like ultra-processed Indian hair to me, but who knows. It used to tangle terribly out of the shower, but at least it was fine and soft enough to be different from the Indian Remy hair.

Now I'm not convinced there is any difference. If anything, it's actually more coarse and wiry than Indian Remy hair. Not soft at all. The unit in the pic is a custom hybrid Keanu (they stopped offering this for some reason as a stock unit). The best part is, one Keanu order may be vlooped, and the next injected. The base is supposed to be .06, and I've never had an issue wearing my hair up at this thickness. However, this time around it appears to be much thicker to the point that I irritated the hell out of my forehead trying to cut the excess off. The edge of the hairline would not disappear after bonding (Ghostbond Platinum, which I always use on the hairline). The only thing they got right was the color.

The density is supposed to be 90% but my stylist had to thin this unit out more than any other unit I've ever had. It was a wall of hair. You would have to be blind to think this is 90% density.

I wore this for about three days and ripped it off. Reached out to their horrible customer service and was told to deal with it. Business must be good to treat customers this way as I have spent thousands with them for a few years now. No more. This unit was $328 after a coupon code.

Does anyone recommend a more competent company that offers skin units (I've given up on hybrid for now) with fine, soft hair and graduated hairlines? I would pay $500+ for consistency and quality. I've already tried MHE. Just ordered a Lite UTS from Lordhair. Never used them before but am aware of their quality, or lack thereof. Can't be worse than what I've been getting.
Are those pictures of you wearing? Whats all the stuff in front of the hairline? Or am I missing something lol.

yourMom<3sMyHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are those pictures of you wearing? Whats all the stuff in front of the hairline? Or am I missing something lol.
Yes, those are the pics of the unit that inspired this post.

The stuff at the front of the hairline is the thick base that is at least twice as thick as it should be. It wouldn't bond and blend properly because it was too thick.

The redness on my forehead is from me trying to cut into the thick base to remove the excess, which I always do after the first install. I prefer to do this after bonding because it's easier to be accurate. Never had this issue with it being too thick to cut without irritation.

I saw someone mention TopLace in a Reddit thread. I might check them out. Can't seem to find what the hairline contour is on their stock units.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Toplace used to have a stella rep, their forum was excellent too, with some amazing pictures from wearers, and this was a decade ago The forum seemed to just get used less and less.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score

What color?

yourMom<3sMyHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
What color?
17. The only part they got right. Color is great on this unit.

Toplace didn't respond to emails or their chat widget. Not ordering from them. Superhairpieces suggested a consultation. Might do that in the future.

The Lordhair unit arrives tomorrow. If it looks good I might try one of their customs.