Lawnmower's Story | Age 23 | Diffuse Thinning

Korean Wave

Reaction score
Hello, I've only just registered with the account name 'Lawnmower', however I've had two separate accounts under different user names. I'll provide links to 'Tell Your Story' threads published by both accounts by the end of my first post.

Anyway, turning the focus to my current hair situation, I believe that I am a diffuse thinner losing hair across the center of the scalp opposed to the crown and hairline (however both temples are receding). The main reason I am telling my story now is because my hair is noticeably looking a lot less dense over the last week. Whether this may be due to DHT, stress, temporary break from my dutasteride, I just don't know. But shedding HASN'T occured, which does worry me further.

My current regime is;

Morning:
+ Dutas (0.5mg) every other day.
+ Revita shampoo every day if possible.
+ Alpecin shampoo on the days not using Revita
+ Derma roller micro needle three times a week.

Past hair loss regime has included Saw Palmetto at the age of 16-18, Finasteride at the age of 18, however stopped due to the weak affect on my hair, Nizoral 18 till the age of 23.

I am just wondering what I can do to help my hair at the moment. I am particular worried about the low density of my hair more than anything else. The hair loss area used to revolve around the crown, however, my crown is completely fine now. For personal reasons and past experience, I wouldn't like to use minoxidil unless last resort.

Here are some photos to help you understand my hair loss more. Please do request more photographs if these fail to capture my current hair loss situation.

174.jpg175.jpg176.jpg177.jpg

Please look at further photos in threads...

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/41618-Natwraggie-s-Story-(age-18)-*Update*-March-19th-2010

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...ve-s-Story-20-nizoral-2?highlight=Korean+Wave

Korean Wave

Reaction score
Hello. I've had no replies which is worrying me a little, here are a few more pictures indicating the diffuse pattern.
image.jpg

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not that bad, best thing you could do is get on Propecia or is dutasteride stronger ? If hair loss continues then there isn't anything else you could do except a transplant. I suggest you take monthly pictures (every 3 - 6 months). my hair is similar if not very slightly worse than yours and i'm only 19

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Hi KW. I read you stopped finasteride. How long did you take it before you quit? Consider that some finasteride. users can see.or reach optimum benefits even 12-18 months out from intro date.

Korean Wave

Reaction score
Hi KW. I read you stopped finasteride. How long did you take it before you quit? Consider that some finasteride. users can see.or reach optimum benefits even 12-18 months out from intro date.

I really can't remember. But it was less than a year, I just know my family have aggressive male pattern baldness. At this age my grandad and uncle on mothers side were both NW5, so I that is why I am on dutasteride. Been on this for nearly a year... However I have had phases where I have stopped it for a week and then gone back on.

adamgates

Reaction score
Hello! Welcome to the forum, even if it is your second account ;P if you need anything just ask!