Lazman's Story - ( Sudden Massive Overall Thinning (PICS)

lazman

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I just wanted to add my terrible hair loss story. Im 28 years old. I always had fine textured hair, but in was never aware, that i was thinning. Maybe i was but since i always kept it at 3-4 inches long, i never noticed. But last december, after a very stressfull period, (fiancee left me, the woman i adored) i lost around 70% of my hair in a few weeks. I thought it was accute telogen effluvium, and it would grow back just fine, since i had all medical tests done and they all came back negative, but it looks like it kicked in my male pattern baldness and even worse, i developed DUPA. I jumped on the BIG3 5 months ago. Since then all the hairs i have regrown are all Vellus hairs. On my back, sides, top as well. But the weird thing about them is, that they are not thinner, or shorter then the rest of my hair, just completely translucent. They can grow up to inches long yet they are completely invisible. I even have dark hairs that are much more thinner then the vellus ones. I have not grown one single dark hair since. I have no clue whats going on. Im even thinking about jumping on Dutas with my finasteride because i heard that finasteride usually doesnt work for DUPA so i might have to address the issue real agressively, since i really need my hair back for my job ASAP. The funny thing is that my hairline has not moved one single bit ever or since, just diffused beyond the unbelievable. Since then the hairloss completely stopped, i dont loose one single hair in the shower. But regrowth is nonexistent...

Here are my before and after pics.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/t ... G_0550.jpg

my style before.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/t ... G_0586.jpg

my hairloss now.

thanks for any help or advice u guys can provide. damn u guys have any idea how it feels to go from no balding to be almost bald in a few weeks. its pretty darn devastating

Laz

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Re: Sudden Massive Overall Thinning (PICS)

Your sudden massive overall thinning is called a "buzz cut". Anyone with fine hair is going to look that way after you buzz all your hair off. Let it grow back like you had it before and then let us judge.

lazman

Reaction score
Re: Sudden Massive Overall Thinning (PICS)

lol no you guys its not like that.

i had to shave it because it provided no coverage whatsoever. i could see the back of my scalp from the front in the mirror. in those weeks the bathtub was black from my hairs. i would say i lost about a 1000 hairs a day. once i started counting but at around 500 i stopped because i was going nuts. right now if i let it grow out i would look like the total baldy. maybe the best i can do is let it grow to an inch and start using toppik or something. something has to be done, because i look like a total idiot with shaved head. and the thing is that there is really no pattern to it. its uniformely thin, like not thinner in the crown or in the front or back or sides. im gonna let it grow to an inch and post some pics so u guys can truly see how bad it is, but there is no way i can sport the same look like before cuz its just horrible. Or maybe i could dye those translucent hairs and have a full head of hair again. Is that even possible?

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
[quote="???":3lc0c7lf]update ?

Irishpride what the hell are you doing?[/quote:3lc0c7lf]

LOL ohhh snap

damn dude your probably right!

your awesome

??? is exposed

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
lol i knew that was irishpride but didnt want to say anything. he posted some of the same stuff on here on HLH.

anyway, to the OP, i had thick hair and started shedding like a madman too... though no one really notice since it was so even all over. id say stay on the big 3 and if you feel lucky, hope on duta. keep us updated :punk:

lazman

Reaction score
hey guys, just a quick update

i've been on the big 3 for 4-5 months. my shedding stopped right away i started using them. minoxidil strenghtened the existing hairs. i doubt i grew new ones though. for the last 2 weeks i have started to shed only short thin hairs. im trying to grow my hair back. its already about 1.5 inch while the hairs i shed are less then half an inch. i started using toppik and im hoping i will get gains in the next months to come. tadaaa

i will post some pics later, with and without toppik. that stuff rocks :)