Lechuffe's Story - (what is working for me)

lechuffe

Reaction score
Hi,

I read a lot of forums when I started noticing hairloss about 4-5 years ago (23-24 years old), and then again 1 year ago when I decided to do something about it.

So, now I think my hair-loss is under control (growing back pretty well) and I wanted to contribute my 2 cents and share what seems to be working pretty well for me. If this works for someone else, great. Be careful if you follow this and talk with a doctor. Its basically propecia but I also take a big handful of vitamins which also make me feel great!!!

I have been super stoked with the results of this and wanted to share it with whoever it can help. I have been doing this for 1 year and feel great, and have a lot more hair.

I take 1 mg finesteride (sic?) in addition to a bunch of good quality supplements (don't bother with cheap-o supplements since you will not absorb them):

For 5 of 7 days of the week:
-1/5 a pill of proscar for 5 of 7 days (same as one 1mg propecia)

Each of these daily, every day:
-Curcumin (look it up on mayo clinic website)
-Fish oil caps
-Cayenne pepper caps (now I just eat tons of spicy food and don't bother with the caps)
-good quality RAW multivitamin for men
-L-Lysine (1/2 a pill)
-L-taurine (1/2 a pill)
-B complex (1/2 a pill)
-Reservatrol (1/2 a pill)
-Neem Plus 1 pill. (look up "neem" its a traditional indian medicine used for a long time)

Topical: I also put 100% emu oil on my hair when taking a hot bath for about an hour once or twice a week. I think this helps, and have read that it is good for alopecia. Even if this isn't helping re-grow hair, I can tell its making my hair super healthy and stronger. I also only use shampoo once or twice a week (after the emu oil) and use good quality natural "organic" conditioner with biotin daily when I wash my hair.

I was loosing hair fast and have been using all these for 1 year and have re-grown most of my hair. Its really remarkable to me. It took about 6 months to see real progress but its been speeding up for the last 6 months. I really think that the supplements help kick the propecia up a notch. I not only have grown hair but I don't get sick when my buddies do and I feel great! I caution not to take a bunch of cheap-o supplements since I dont think they will do anything if you cant absorb them, or if they are weak. I chose these ones with some advice from a doctor friend.

Be careful when taking supplements since you might be allergic. Start slow, I take a lot of half pills to avoid overdoing it. All in all, this cost me about 250 bucks every 4 months. I live in Asia now so the proscar is super cheap, like 10 bucks every 4 months. Most of the cost is shipping US made good supplements from my hometown health-food store.

Hoppi

Reaction score
I'm totally, totally with you on this one man. I really do think that supplements and well-balanced nutrients and vits really help the hair follicles to remain strong and survive the floods of DHT and battering that male pattern baldness can give them!

My regimen is quite similar, the only significant omission I think is the emu oil. I was just reading about it - I think it's just generally good for the hair, scalp, and hair shaft.

Well done though man nice work, I will definitely be looking at your regimen over the coming weeks and months to tweak mine and keep on the right track!

Next stop, gorgeous hair! hehe :)