Let introduce myself

leonardo1976

Reaction score
Hello guys , I'm Italian and I started to loss hair when I was 26 years old .
I'm 37 now and albeit my baldness is not so big , I wanna try to fix it if I can.
I have a 3 vertex of hair loss .
So , I'm a beginner in this field , but albeit I started to do research only few days ago, I have learn a lot already.
Anyway , I wanted acquire sone knowledge about this topic before to do something because I don't wanted run into in some scams , today there are a lot of scams in every field , then I heard that this website is one of the best resource of information , so , here I am.
I hope that you guys can help me to regain some hair :)
Sorry if my english is not so good , I'm struggling to improve also it.
Ok, I would like to start my journey with Rogaine ( minoxidill ) , I have hear that is the best way to start , cheap and safe , I know that is avaible only by medical prescription.
So , can you give me some good advice about it ?
I hear there are many type of rogaine , 2% - 5% etc , with which I should start ?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't need a prescription for minoxidil, you can buy it at lots of big chemists or online. Beware, don't rry to buy online from America though. I did and customs seized it.

Start with 5%. You should also consider finasteride. It is the most important drug for fighting hair loss. It is also very cheap, especially if you buy it as Proscar 5 mg and cut it into quarters. Good luck!

leonardo1976

Reaction score
20140207_212600[1].jpg
Here is how I'm now.
Ok, I have though to try Rogaine for 6 - 12 month and then if the result is not good start with Propecia ( finasteride ) , if I undestand well you can combine each other.

- - - Updated - - -

973392_4779507174307_275672694_n.jpg
Here is when I was 16 years old , do you think I could recover all of my hair loss ?

- - - Updated - - -

If possible I want avoid Propecia because I have hear about some side effect like decreas of libido.
Comeback to Rogaine , there is a specific type of it that work better then other or are all ok ?
Sorry guys but it's my first time.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to add that always I have suffered of scurf and itch.

Attachments

• 20120930_112714[1].jpg
    20120930_112714[1].jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 155

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your 16 year old hairline is gone, you aren't getting it back.

Hair loss is caused by DHT interacting with your hair follicles. Over time as hair follicles are exposed to DHT, they shrink and stop producing hairs. If you take Minoxidil, you will get temporary regrowth, but the DHT is still reaching your follicles, and they are still being damaged. Eventually, they will stop producing hairs and minoxidil will stop working.

Only finasteride will stop this from happening, since it prevents formation of DHT.

You can try finasteride and if you get any side effects then quit.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hair loss is caused by DHT interacting with your hair follicles. Over time as hair follicles are exposed to DHT, they shrink and stop producing hairs. If you take Minoxidil, you will get temporary regrowth, but the DHT is still reaching your follicles, and they are still being damaged. Eventually, they will stop producing hairs and minoxidil will stop working.

Only finasteride will stop this from happening, since it prevents formation of DHT.

this

and have a look at GoldenMane's story on the forum. He is one of the luckiest guys who has had a great success with finasteride and Minoxidil. Good luck.

leonardo1976

Reaction score
this

and have a look at GoldenMane's story on the forum. He is one of the luckiest guys who has had a great success with finasteride and Minoxidil. Good luck.

Nizoral is for dandruff and desquamation ?
Maybe will work for me.
Anyway I have stopped to loss hair seven years ago , since then I have not loss hair anymore.
I have though about Propecia ( Finasteride ) , but I was scared to hear that in some subject can increase the possibility to develop prostate cancer , I have read it in a website , do you think is true ?

- - - Updated - - -

So , my plan is start next week with Rogaine and I will add also Nizoral because I have hear is good for dandruff and itch , also Triatop should work.