Lets_Grow Introduction (28 y/o w/ PICS)

Lets_Grow

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I have been frequenting this forum for the last 10 months but haven't registered or posted until today. Some background info on me:

I am 28 y/o and what I would call a NW2.5 with recent vertex thinning. The men in my family seem to have a genetic propensity for an NW2.5 hairline from a young age (I've had mine for 5 years). However, most men in my family also maintain this hairline for a long time. I've had my NW2.5 for 5 years without much recession at all. My hairline has never really bothered me, however, back in March of 2011, I, and my sister, noticed that my vertex was beginning to thin. I waited about 2 months before starting minoxidil and nizoral and have been using it ever since. I haven't noticed any great regrowth, maybe only some maintenance, if that. I fear that without any DHT blocker, such as finasteride, my vertex thinning will only get worse. However, like many on this forum I am afraid of the side effects (mainly loss of libido and "brain fog"). I think I would be a good candidate for finasteride...it might also help reduce some of the body hair I have accumulated (I would consider myself to be much hairier than most men). Anyway, from here on out I'm either going to shave or take the plunge with finasteride.

Photos (sorry if one or two are blurry):

http://s1072.photobucket.com/albums/w372/lets_grow/

IMG_20120212_151727.jpg

IMG_20120212_141048.jpg

IMG_20120212_141039.jpg